For My Sweet Friend

Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Hello from a very snowy Ontario, Canada! Chrissy is our fabulous hostess at Little Red Wagon and, most fittingly for me, she's chosen the theme "Still Snowing - Show Some Snow" for this week's challenge. 


Before Christmas, I saw a beautiful pillow box created by a fellow crafter. I used to make pillow boxes years ago and had, quite honestly, forgotten all about them. I decided to look for a die and found one on a discount site. I ordered the die and five others for about the same price I would typically pay for a single die. Needless to say, after eight cuts, I finally got two boxes that I am happy with. The issue was that the folds also cut so there were gaping holes instead of creases. I tried thicker cardstock, thinner cardstock, paper, spritzing the cardstock with a bit of water and, finally, using Scotch tape along all folds on the inside of the pillow box. That worked! The boxes are embossed with a snowflake folder and have been created especially for sharing hot chocolate - perfect for cold, snowy days! I also used supplies from My Craft Spot to adorn my little boxes. 

We'll see how things go with my other discount dies!!

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see all the snowy projects there! We'd love to have you join in too!

5 comments

Chrissy said...

Your pillow boxes came out, in the end, beautifully Kate, love them..good luck with the rest of the dies, it is hit and miss with them, trust me, I know..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

They're super cute, Kate!!! And that was a very smart idea to do the back side in tape to keep it from cutting through. I'll have to remember that.

Brenda said...

This is beautiful, Kate! I love the very elegant look you have created for your pillow box.

JanR said...

I hear ya about the discount dies.....they aren't the greatest, and often take some workarounds to make them work....but you can't beat the price! Your pillow boxes look lovely. I especially love the sweet tags.

Imke said...

I like those little gift boxes, Kate. You decorated it very nicely - love it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>