Happy Birthday

Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Happy Wednesday! I can hardly believe that we'll be turning the calendar to December in two days. This year has flown! With the exception of some baking (which I've already started) and a few small items, I'm done my shopping. Wrapping is another story altogether... A number of years ago, I switched to using reusable cloth Christmas bags for wrapping and that helps the process. 

I'm hosting this week's Little Red Wagon challenge and, continuing my Queen-inspired themes, I'm using Bohemian Rhapsody this time. Just like the song combines a number of styles, I'm looking for creations that combine a number of elements. The sky is the limit!


As some of you know, I gave my sister the nickname of Kami years ago - which is a twist on camel. We were holidaying in Egypt and I kept handing Jo (Kami!!) my things so I could take photos. At one point, she was laden down with a number of my things and asked me if I thought that she was my camel. Hence, the name Kami which is still used to this day. Anyway, I always look for camel-themed items for birthdays and Christmas. Cards are easier given that I am a cardmaker! 

I've combined a number of different elements and techniques here - rounded corners, stamping, colouring, paper piecing (those little party hats - one for the camel's head and one for her hump!), die cutting, shadowing/layering, crimping, embossing, pop dot dimensionals and sequins. I had fun making this card as it reminds me a bit of some of my earlier creations back from when I first started making cards. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see all the elements used my the Design Team - and then have fun as you make your own "Bohemian Rhapsody" creation! 

2 comments

Paperesse said...

I know Kami is going to love this card! What a nice story about her nickname, too. The camel image is super cute and I love how you've brought the card together. Your elements all work so well, complementing one another perfectly.

Imke said...

Ha - what a FUN birthday card, Kate and i like the colors !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>