Joy

Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Jan is this week's hostess at Little Red Wagon and she's selected "Home Sweet Home" as the challenge. As long as your project (card, layout, tag, decor item, etc.) has a home (house, bird's nest, bee hive, lion's den, etc.,) on it somewhere, we'd love for you to join us! 


I've got lots of homes on my Christmas card that showcases the town of Bethlehem from thousands of years ago. I really like how the sky turned out. I blended two different blues (Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky), splashed a little water and then sprayed some glitter fabric spray. At first, I thought, "Oh dear..." but then I got a tissue and smeared it around and LOVED the look. I decided to use my white gel pen for some extra stars and was even happier. I wish the photo showed it off a bit better. My daughter had donated the glitter fabric spray to my craft stash once she was done using it to make a Halloween costume and I was pleased to show her the card.

I used silver cardstock for the star and "joy" sentiment. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see all the homes there - and then join us for this week's challenge! 

5 comments

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous scene Kate and I love that night sky and water drops, fabulous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

Super pretty, Kate! I like how the buildings 'peep' out through the circular aperture. Lovely design.

JanR said...

What a splendid card, Kate! The sky looks amazing and I love the layout!

Imke said...

Amazing Card, Kate. The background is fabulous and the scene too. Love it !!

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

Kate, this is so pretty! I absolutely love that sky and who would have thought fabric spray glitter? Brilliant card.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>