Love You Mum

Wednesday, April 26, 2023
It's the lovely Shani's turn to host our weekly Little Red Wagon challenge and she's calling for "Slim Pickings". Shani is looking for us to showcase slimline cards.


I decided to create a Mother's Day card for my beautiful mum as Mother's Day is coming up the second Monday in May here in Canada. 

A couple of years ago, I purchased a set of (generic) slimline panels and I think I used them (and not even the entire set) once, so this was the perfect kick to get my act in gear. I also purchased the "MUM" die set from Simon Says Stamp a year or two ago and that's never been used either - until now! The "LOVE YOU" sentiment is from Studio Katia and heat embossed. 

Years and years ago, I purchased some flowers which I do still use from time to time although they mostly sit forgotten. It was so much fun to pull them out again to create my card. Fortunately, Mum lives less than a kilometer away from my house so I won't have to worry about things getting squished in the post. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to check out the Girlfriends' take on this week's Slim Pickings challenge - and then create and link up your own slimline projects! 

5 comments

Doni High said...

Your Mum is going to love this card...its beautiful!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card, Kate and way to use that NBUS! I agree with Doni, your mum will love this.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the papers and flower and great die set, I'm sure your Mum will love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

This is a gorgeous card, Kate! And bravo for using up some stash in creating it. Your mom is going to love this card!!! It's nice you don't have to worry about mailing it either. Yep, squashed flowers and more expensive postage is one reason I don't use them anymore. Which is kinda a shame because they look so doggone pretty! - Shani

JanR said...

Beautiful card, Kate! So nice that your mom is so close by! I'm betting she loves this card. Always awesome to use things for this stash.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>