One Step at a Time

Wednesday, April 12, 2023
It's finally spring here in central Ontario and I'm loving it!! Yesterday, when I returned from work, I could see some daffodils just starting to poke through the ground. Woo hoo!

The fabulous Chrissy is our hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she's looking for layers. While I'm peeling off the layers now that spring has arrived, I've piled them on to create my card this week. Chrissy asks for at least two layers.


I created a motivational card for my Memorydex. I haven't made one in ages and, since it's been so long, I realized when I added the card to my Memorydex that it's upside down!! Oops! As the cards are for my own enjoyment, I wasn't overly concerned. 

The card was made entirely with scrap bits of paper. And there are a number of layers: the card, the mat, the doily on the right, the daffodil cuts, the little heart (which I dry embossed), the round frame with sentiment and the bottom border. I also added some stamping, inking and stencilling on the card before finishing things off with some gems. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Design Team has made - and then layer up with your products to join the fun! 

5 comments

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous and fun project Kate, loving the pink and the layers are gorgeous..glad you have spring poking through, I'm rolling into Autumn and really looking forward to it..it's funny how we long for the seasons to change, then long for it to go back, we either get too cold or too hot..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

So pretty! Such a fantastic sentiment and I'm loving all the pink. I think we've sprung past spring right into summer! High 20s this many days in a row in April?!? Crazy but I'll take it! (:

Imke said...

I fell in love with the sentiment -it is so true. And all the pink- just great!
~Imke

Brenda said...

This is such a cool project, Kate. I would love to do something like this...the challenge would be finding a place on my craft table for it to live. This card is beautiful and such an uplifting reminder and I rather like it hanging as it is.

Paperesse said...

This is so pretty, Kate! I love the saying and how it's presented. I haven't seen anything like this before. This is THE perfect way to use up some scraps lying around, turning them into something beautiful!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>