Away in a Manger

Wednesday, December 23, 2020
I'm thrilled to be hosting this week's Little Red Wagon challenge! Initially, I had asked the Girlfriends to help me with commenting as when I chose this challenge back at the start of 2020, I had been planning a family cruise leaving Boxing Day. As I will now be staying put (and not even leaving the house let alone heading to the Caribbean!), I am excited that I'll be able to see all the projects entered into our challenge this week.

I've chosen the theme "Merry Christmas!" I'm looking to see any sort of creation that celebrates Christmas - or any other faith/cultural celebration. I'm happy to have all friends join, regardless of beliefs or traditions.


I used Clearly Besotted's "Nativity Play" for my creation. I just love these sweet little mice dressed up for their Christmas pageant! I had all the little images that I wanted to use coloured up but when I cut them out, the baby Jesus mouse got cut in half for some reason! Mary also had part of her tail cut off. I was able to solve the issue of Mary's tail with a strategically placed donkey. However, there was no solution for the cut Jesus. I could have made excuses for other characters. Mary might have been off getting a snack (shortbread, if she was anything like me). Joseph might have been out buying new swaddling clothes. However, I really couldn't come up with a reason that Jesus would not have been at his own birth. So back to the Copics went I!! 

And for those of you who might wonder about mice at the birth of Christ, I'm posting part of the Love Actually script - a few of my favourite lines from one of my favourite Christmas movies!!


Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created - and then link up your own Christmas (or other faith/cultural celebration) creation!

In the spirit of my family's tradition, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments

Brenda said...

Kate, this is a darling card and a beautiful post. I have never seen this sweet stamp set, so glad you shared it. It's Merry Christmas from our house also, and that's what I'm wishing you, Girlfriend. Well, that and a great 2021! ((Hugs))

JanR said...

Fabulous card, Kate! Such a sweet take on the Nativity scene. Poor Jesus though. 😉 It's not the Christmas you had planned but I hope it's wonderful all the same. All the best to you and your family, Girlfriend!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an immensely sweet, adorable Christmas greeting.

Happiest holiday season wishes from my heart to yours. May you have a cozy, peaceful, and deeply happy Christmas!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Imke said...

Super sweet card, Kate ! Hope you had a wonderful christmas

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>