Warm Birthday

Wednesday, December 2, 2020
It's Doni's turn to host at Little Red Wagon this week and she's looking for projects that celebrate winter birthdays. The timing is perfect for me as I have a sister who will be celebrating a birthday next week. While technically it's still fall, we are living in a winter wonderland here in central Ontario, Canada. It snowed all day yesterday and we're surrounded by a beautiful sea of white.


Years ago, I gave my sister the nickname "Kami" (for camel). We were on holidays together in Egypt and I kept giving Kami my things to hold as I took photos. She joked that she was my camel, expected to carry all my bags and such. Since then, I always give her cards and gifts that include a camel in some way - and call her Kami. That's the reason I've included a camel on my winter birthday card, despite camels not living in such a climate. As there's also a latte-drinking giraffe wearing a sweater and sitting in the snow on the card, I don't think the camel is too much of a stretch for a winter scene! And I did make sure she was wearing a hat to stay warm. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the Winter Birthday projects that the Girlfriends have made - and then create your own in order to join this week's challenge!

6 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous card, love the colours and a brilliant story. A Super story on the nickname too. Happy Birthday to Kami :) Love you have snow, we have wet rain. LOL.
Keep safe
Faith x

Doni High said...

Thanks for sharing...the camel now makes perfect sense :) Love it!

JanR said...

What a wonderful scene, so fun! It's always awesome to be able to personalize cards like this. I love to hear about cute, fitting nicknames so TFS!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Seriously adorable b-day greeting. You've got me wondering now if I have any camel themed items in my statsh. None spring to mind off the top of my head, which makes me think I might just need to remedy that in 2021, if indeed I'm currently camel-less. :)

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Imke said...

How cut is that ? Sweet images and great scene, Kate !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

Darling card! Your little camel looks right at home in the cold, guess it's that nice warm drink and hat. Loved hearing your story too.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>