Wedding card, sweatshirt and mug

Wednesday, May 29, 2024
How is it the end of May already?! Time has just been flying. 

Chrissy is our hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she wants things to be "Bigger than normal". Big card, big bookmarks, big paper centrepieces, etc. 


My niece got married a couple of weeks ago and I made this card for her and her husband, designing things in Kittl. I printed the card on a regular piece of cardstock and then cut and trimmed it. I thought it was 5x7 but, looking at the photo, I'm not sure that those dimensions are correct. However, I did need to get a larger envelope so I promise you that it is indeed bigger than my typical cards! 

The name is a bit of a joke as my niece, whose last name is Hamilton, and her husband, whose last name is Herbinger, mashed up their name a few years ago, becoming the Herbiltons. We all refer to them as the Herbiltons, their email address is the Herbiltons, etc. 
As the Herbiltons have been living together for a number of years, they did not have any sort of wedding registry and nobody knew what they wanted. It wasn't until I suggested a litter of kittens would make for a lovely gift for newlyweds that they let family and friends know that contributions toward camping would be appreciated. I used the same graphic on the card and ordered his-and-hers sweatshirts to wear around the campfire on cool summer evenings. I decided to add a couple of mugs to the order too (although not the best for camping, I know). 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the Girlfriends' BIG projects - and then create something larger than you typically do so you can join in our fun! 

5 comments

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun project and gifts Kate, love the card and the play on theirs names..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

This is just wonderful, Kate! I love the image design (and the amalgamated names they've chosen); how clever you are. I'm sure the sweatshirts and mugs were much appreciated, too. A big pat on the bag to your niece and husband for forgoing the wedding registry 'stuff' for something that was truly meaningful to them.

JanR said...

Such a wonderful card, and a wonderful way to celebrate the Herbiltons! I absolutely love the combined surname!! I hope they get at least one kitten as a wedding gift. (;

Imke said...

What a fun with their name*lol*. Great card and Gifts.

Imke
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/

Brenda said...

What a very clever gift and card (and a clever way to get them to suggest a gift they would enjoy😊).

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>