You're Amazing

Wednesday, May 22, 2024
It's Imke's turn to host our weekly Little Red Wagon challenge and she wants to see "Just One" - just one layer, that is. Create a bookmark, page, card or décor item that is just one layer. 


I love the look of masking on cards and decided to go this route to add some interest to my one-layered creation. I simply took a strip of cello tape and put it across my card about two-thirds of the way down - and after sticking it to my dress to get most of the stickiness off. I then used a variety of stamps from a hardly-ever-used Simon Says Stamp Amazing set to create my background. The sentiment is from the same set and was added once I removed the cello tape. 

The shape of the card is a bit off as it seems I forgot to measure twice, cut once when making my card base. Either that, or I forgot how to count altogether! It wasn't until I folded the card and went to score it that I realized the dimensions seemed a bit off. Typically, the recipients of my cards are not aware of standard card sizes so I doubt it will be an issue. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what Imke and the rest of the Girlfriends have created to inspire you. We'd love to have you join the fun too! 

4 comments

Chrissy said...

That is fabulous and beautiful Kate, such a lovely idea, perfect one layer..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

This is super pretty, Kate! Love the bright colors you've used.

JanR said...

Splendid card, Kate! Loving the stamping and I adore that masking technique!

Imke said...

Fabulous take with masking and ONE LAYER, Kate.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>