Amazing, Marvelous You - Scrabble Tile Card

Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Yippee! It's my turn hosting at Little Red Wagon and I'm still singing Queen songs this year. This challenge, I'm singing along to "Play the Game". I'm looking for paper crafting projects that have anything to do with or are inspired by games or sports. 


A few years ago, my daughter gave me a bag of crafting Scrabble tiles and I thought this was just the right opportunity to pull them back out. I made this card for the wonderful mother of a friend. Her name is Rika so I used the tiles to spell out her name. 

Being Canadian, I would have preferred an extra letter L in marvellous!! Otherwise, I'm happy with how the card turned out. And, in the card's defence, I did willingly and knowingly choose the sentiment despite the spelling. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created. We invite you to "Play the Game" too!!

4 comments

Paperesse said...

Rika is going to love this, Kate!!! Such a pretty card and what a clever use for the Scrabble tiles.

Imke said...

Great idea to use those scrabble tiles on your card. Love how it turned out.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Chrissy said...

I love those scrabble tiles and was looking at then in the craft department at K Mart yesterday and thought should I or shouldn't I, I didn't, but wish I did, this is gorgeous and love how it all turned out Kate, fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

I hear you about the sentiment. One thing that always irks me about being Canadian re: language is those extra seconds where we all stare at our computer screen and then sigh as we resignedly choose English - US. Such a pretty card! I love the soft colours and using Scrabble tiles is so clever.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>