Hoppiest Birthday

Wednesday, November 17, 2021
How is it already mid-November? Yikes! Time is passing too quickly for me. I continue to be incredibly busy with work. Usually, things slow down a bit by this time of term but that's not the case this year. I'm heading to Toronto later today for a business meeting. It's the first in-person business meeting I've attended in about two years! I've been on the executive committee since May 2020 and have never actually met the other executive members in person. I'm looking forward to it!



Imke is our hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she's asking for creations with no patterned paper. I actually don't use patterned paper as much as I should (given the reams I have in my craft room) so this challenge wasn't too difficult for me. I have to admit taking this idea from a card I spotted on Pinterest although can't seem to find the card now. I always try to link and give credit where credit is due so apologize that's not the case here. 

When I first made the card, the only sentiment was "Celebrate" and there was no frog. I felt the card needed just a bit more so added the sentiment underneath. It wasn't until I was finished everything that I realized the card said "Hoppiest Birthday" and not "Happiest Birthday" as I'd originally thought. The sentiment then seemed a bit ridiculous and non-sensical with the confetti only so I looked for a small stamp that might work. Fortunately, this cute and happy frog came to the rescue! I'm not-so-secretly glad for my gaffe as I am rather smitten with that little frog.

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the projects created by the other Girlfriends - and then link up your own creations. Just be sure to leave your patterned paper on the shelf this week. 

6 comments

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun card Kate, love the little froggy and love the font on the sentiment, good save too..safe travels..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It all works beautifully Kate, love everything about this card.
Faith x

JanR said...

Adorable card! Love that you decided to add that little frog, it's the perfect touch. I hope you had a safe drive to Toronto.....especially given that you can start in Toronto, drive for three hours and sTiLl bE iN ToRoNtO! (:

Imke said...

FUN card, Kate ! I bet it takes some time to glue all these little circles on it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a wonderfully fun and creative design - not to mention an awesome way to put some of the many scraps of paper and CS most of us paper crafters accumulate to good use.

My mind is flashing to similar designs for everything from engagement parties to New Year's.

Thank you for the terrific inspiration, dear Kate.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Brenda said...

Love hearing how your card evolved. It is brilliant and certainly wouldn't be the same with out that cute little froggy!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>