I am Really Missing You

Wednesday, March 17, 2021
It's time for a new challenge at Little Red Wagon and Imke is our talented hostess this week. Imke is challenging us to create one layered cards. This was a challenge for me as I usually have at least two layers so was wondering what I could do beyond simply stamping a sentiment on a piece of cardstock. However, I decided to use a stencil, some ink splatters and a heat embossed sentiment for the illusion of depth while keeping things to one layer. This card was fairly quick and easy to put together and I might have to create more one-layered cards in the future!


The stencil I used is from Reverse Confetti and the sentiment from My Favorite Things. The wonky die is Lil Inker Designs. After cutting my front panel, I kept the die on the cardstock in order to create a frame when stencilling. I made this card to send to a dearly loved friend who is going through a tough time right now. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created - and then try your hand at a one-layered card to join the fun!

6 comments

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fantastic job!!! I would struggle massively in all likelihood with a single layer card (I literally get physically antsy if my paper crafting projects don't have multiple layers and at least a bit of height to them - I swear I'm keeping the foam dot people in business! 😄).

I honestly don't think I've ever made one (at least since becoming a paper crafter). Maybe, just to say I have, I should follow your lead and give one a go. 😃

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Chrissy said...

Fabulous one layer card Kate, I love the stencil and it really makes for a layered look, gives dimension when there is none..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Brenda said...

Like you, I usually have at least 2 layers and was in a bit of a quandary over what to do. I would definitely say you created a beauty with overwhelming success!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really beautiful card Kate, lovely colours.
Keep safe
Faith x

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Kate! The colours are so pretty and both the stamping and stencilling look lovely. I bet your friend loves it and appreciates your thoughtfulness.

Imke said...

Lovely One Layer Card, Kate. The stencil is great and i also like the wonky stitched frame.


Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>