Love You

Wednesday, February 8, 2023
It's my first time to post on Little Red Wagon in 2023. This year, I'm using Queen's greatest hits as inspiration and, this week, I've chosen my favourite of all their songs (and also ranking right up there as one of my all-time favourite songs in general) - Somebody to Love. As this week's challenge is the final one before Valentine's Day, I thought it was fitting.


I recently viewed a video short from Gerry's Craft Room YouTube Channel and used her card to inspire my own creation. I should have marked the holes first as the top right stitching is a bit misaligned. Fortunately, the grungy look of the card helps it not look too horrible! I hand-cut the heart and basically used a variety of items from my crafting stash that I've had for ages. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created - and then link up your own "Somebody to Love" project! 

4 comments

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Kate with that lovely grunge colour and the stitching on the heart is fabulous..
love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

Fantastic card, Kate! If you hadn't of said anything I wouldn't have thought a thing about the stitching; I think it looks great. Like you say, the card has a vintage/grunge vibe and the stitching is just part of the look. You and my hubs would get along great as he's a big Queen fan, too.

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Kate! I think it looks perfect as is. Especially loving the distressing and the grunge vibe.

Brenda said...

Oh, Kate, I LOVE this card. It has the perfect amount of distress and I see nothing at all out of line. What a great card and wonderful grungy look!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>