Thank You So Much

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fabulous and restful holiday. 


The talented Chrissy is our hostess for Little Red Wagon's first challenge of 2023 and she's chosen the theme "New Beginnings" - new job, new baby, new home, etc. I am sorry to say that I did not read the description until yesterday when I was posting my project. I thought we were to use new crafty goodies on our projects and that is what I did. These thank you cards were made to send out to givers of some of the lovely items I received for Christmas - so items having new beginnings with me. Now I'm just stretching things, I know. I apologize for being a bit off the mark with this challenge. The good news is that I've got 50 more LRW challenges on which to improve this year!!



In December, I learned about Altenew from Brenda (my LRW DT Girlfriend) and checked them out. They were having a countdown to Christmas sale and I purchased more items than necessary. Rennie Roses was one of the items on mega discount when bundled (with coordinating dies and stencil). I created these cards using the stamps and stencils - as well as new inking brushes and new square dies (from Ecstasy Crafts).


Please head over to Little Red Wagon and check out the inspiration linked by the design team - and then link up your own New Beginnings projects (hopefully reading the instructions more carefully than I did)! 


Update: I got up early this morning to create something to better meet this week's challenge theme. I used some of the "didn't make the cut" pieces from my previous cards to make this one.



4 comments

Paperesse said...

Happy New Year, Kate! Hope your new year is starting off well.

You know, I think that new craft items beginning used for the first time are a new beginning, too. And with these lovely creations, I think you're off to a very good start. I like both of them, the colors you've used really pop against the white and black backgrounds.

Chrissy said...

I agree with Shani, your cards are new, so well done and it is gorgeous, love the flowers and the colours, so pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

Look at you, you keener! Getting up early to sneak in another card, that's awesome! Both cards are so lovely....I can't even pick a favourite.

Brenda said...

Iʻm so glad you like Altenew! They are one of my most supported companies (trying to reframe the hoarding a bit) and I agree, new supplies are new beginnings. I canʻt wait to see what else you create along the way this year.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>