The Witch's Apothecary

Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Happy Wednesday! Unfortunately, Covid hit our home again late last week with my boys getting quite ill (as in needing to stay home in bed but nothing horribly concerning). My daughter had Covid almost two months ago and I was surprised that the rest of us avoided it. Our Thanksgiving plans were all cancelled and I used the time at home to get ahead on some of my crafting. I had lots of fun and it sure beat washing windows which should have been further up on the priority list!

This week, the wonderful Doni is hosting our Little Red Wagon challenge and she's telling us that she's bats about us! She let us know that she wants us to use bats on our projects. 


A few weeks ago, I saw a video posted by Deidre on her Our Upcycled Life YouTube channel. Deidre is one of my favourite YouTube crafters - and it turns out that she's not only Canadian but from my province of Ontario too! She repurposed a Crown Royal bottle and I thought it was so clever. Although not too horribly into Halloween, I decided to give things a go myself. I followed Deidre's steps for the most part although didn't bother with the dirt as this was my first time painting bottles with chalk paint. It was much easier than I'd thought! 


I started designing my own labels as I knew I needed something with a bat and decided to go with "bat saliva". While looking for ideas on what else a witch might store in her apothecary, I stumbled across some free printables at 17 Turtles and decided to go with them. I did a minor edit to the bat label, switching it from "bat wings" (which I figured the witch would struggle with to remove from the thin-necked bottle) to "bat saliva" which I'm presuming could be poured. Fortunately, I rewatched Deidre's video prior to adding the labels and was reminded that I needed to reverse the images. Phew!! 

Here's Deidre's video: 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the bats - and then get batty and join our challenge!

5 comments

Doni High said...

Bat Saliva ...awesome bottle label but totally gross at the same time!! :)

Chrissy said...

What a great idea Kate and your bottles came out awesome... Bat Saliva, well, to be honest I don't think I would order for the table, but fantastic idea..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Kate, what wonderful ideas and result. I love the bottles.
Faith x

JanR said...

So very cool! I love your thought process about how the neck of the bottle would be too skinny for bat wings but not bat saliva. Totally made me chuckle!
Sorry to hear your household was hit with Covid again. I hope everyone is feeling better!

Imke said...

FUN projects for HAlloween, Kate !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>