Yes!! We Do!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Back in the fall, I decided to take off three weeks in June (now!) as today marks five years since I lost my beloved husband to esophageal cancer. I can't believe it's been five years already. I've spent some time at the trailer, resting in nature while reading, writing and literally resting (napping). It's been so good for me. I returned home yesterday and am heading up north to Algonquin Park (a huge provincial park in Ontario, Canada) for a few days. I was able to book a spot right on the lake (Rock Lake) and am looking forward to that. 


I did realize with horror on Monday that I had completely overlooked this week's Little Red Wagon challenge. Fortunately, Janice, this week's hostess, has chosen the theme "Digi-do!" As I'm sure you can guess, Janice would like us to use digital images on our projects. I found this stick figure image at a free clipart website (although copied and pasted the link to a runner-up image and no longer remember where I downloaded this one from - ugh!) and used my Silhouette software to add the "We do!!" sentiment and names. Just a bit of paper cutting and some minimal colouring and I was done. I like the simplistic look with the stick figures so it all works out.

I do hope you'll visit Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the digital images used by the Girlfriends. There are lots of freebies out there if you'd like to join but don't have any images in your stash. 

5 comments

Doni High said...

My heart to yours,Kate...it's been 8 years since I lost my husband...also from esophageal cancer.

Chrissy said...

I love your cute fun stick wedding couple Kate a simple but perfect card...enjoy your trip you are having and take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the simplicity of this card Kate, so lovely. 5 years? WOW where has the time gone? Your little break sounds a wonderful idea and sounds very peaceful too. I hope you enjoy and relax.
I hope I'm back to normality with my 'puter!
Faith x

JanR said...

I'm glad you're taking the time to take care of yourself. Big hugs to you Girlfriend.

Such a lovely card! I adore that you have personalized it, and that image is a wonderful combination of sweet and fun.

Brenda said...

I'm so glad you are taking some time off. It sounds absolutely glorious. Sending big hugs. As for your darling card, it couldn't be any cuter and so special that it is personalized.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>