Wallace and Gromit Card

Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Happy Wednesday! We've been living through another deep freeze and I'm very much looking forward to spring. Next week is Reading Week at uni which always provides a bit of hope that spring will soon be on its way. I hope so!

I've actually taken a few days off next week and am very much looking forward to the break. Work has been incredibly busy and I find myself exhausted by the end of each day. Additionally, I learned yesterday that my daughter's car is being written off by insurance. She was recently rear-ended while turning at a light, spinning the car around and pushing in the trunk quite significantly. Fortunately, both Erin and the young driver who hit her are okay - although Erin is still quite sore. She's connected with both physio and massage which are helping. I'm reminding myself to focus on what IS (Erin IS okay) rather than all the what if's that try to worm their way into my thoughts. Anyway, life has been a bit more stressful than usual and I'm excited for a break!


It was nice to spend some time in my craft room creating for this week's Little Red Wagon challenge. Jan is our hostess and she's chosen the theme, "Make It masculine!" A few years ago, I saw a free Wallace and Gromit stamp set in a crafters' magazine so I picked it up to make something for my brother who's a big fan of the pair. In fact, his first dog was named Gromit! I'm embarrassed to say that this is the first time I've inked up one of the stamps... The fun polka-dot mat was cut from some paper leftover from Halloween!

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends' have created. And then create and link up your own Make It Masculine project!

8 comments

Brenda said...

Oh my, I'm so glad Erin is OK. It must have been very frightening for her (and you upon hearing about it). I love your card and the story behind it. That green, tho Halloweeny is also very springy in my mind. I hope it helps manifest warmer weather for you. Have fun during your time off!

Chrissy said...

You made a fabulous and fun masculine card Kate and I'm so glad your Daughter is okay and thinking what IS is a good idea, we live too much in the shoulda, coulda, woulda part of life..Hope you enjoy your break, you deserve it and then you can safe snug and warm for a few days..stay safe.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to hear your daughter is safe with just a couple of aches after her accident. Your card is an absolute delight, love the Wallace and Gromit image and the sentiment is perfect for them. I Love your card Kate.
Faith x

JanR said...

So happy to hear that Erin isn't too badly hurt. That must have been scary for both of you! You deserve the break, Girlfriend, and I hope it gives you the chance to relax and recharge. Such a fun card! It's always awesome to be able to make personalized creations. Never would have thought that was Halloween paper if you hadn't mentioned it.

Imke said...

What news ! Fortunately nothing worse happened and your daughter is generally ok, Kate. On to your card.... L O V E - the sentiment is just great !


Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Witchcrafted Life said...

Sweet Kate, I am tremendously sorry about the accident that your daughter was recently involved. Thank the stars above that no one was seriously injured. Anytime that can be said for a car wreck, one is profoundly fortunate.

I can relate, at least in part, to what you expressed regarding trying very hard to focus on what "is" instead of what could have been in a situation like this.

A very close family member has been in three car accidents in about as many years (they were not at fault in any of them). Miraculously, though they do have some lasting physical symptoms from the first accident that were aggravated further by the next two, they have also managed to come through each of these harrowing ordeals without catastrophic injury.

With all my might, I hop thate your daughter never experiences anything like this ever again.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

PS: Super fun card! W&G aren't too well known on this side of the pond so it was especially fun to see a fellow Canadian create a greeting starring these classic British characters (who, if memory serves me right, I first encountered when living in Ireland many a long year ago now).

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>