Happy Fishy Wishes

Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Well, there's some good news and some bad news... The good news is that I was able to find quite a bit of time in my craft room over the past week as I need to work ahead given that I'll be on holidays and away next week. Plus, I returned to campus this week after working from home since March 2020 and so evenings are busier than they had been. And, this is a busy week with my youngest son having his birthday on Monday and my daughter celebrating today. 

I actually got three projects made! The bad news is that, for the second time in about as many months, I messed up the design team schedule at Little Red Wagon. My projects are for next month. When I realized my mistake, after being up too late for a third night in a row, I burst out laughing. (It was that or crying and I think my fatigue has turned me a bit giddy.) Anyway, I've gone into the SBoP archives to find a project that fits this week's challenge.


The wonderful Brenda is our hostess this week and our challenge is all about "Stencil Power". I had almost used a stencil on one of my cards made for what I thought was for a near future challenge, but went with designer paper instead. Anyway, Monday was my littlest's birthday and my daughter had gone into my card stash, pulled out this card from 2017 and presented it to her baby brother. I'd totally forgotten about the card and was happy to see it again. As I used stencilling to create it, I decided it fit the Stencil Power challenge!

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to be inspired by the Girlfriends' stencilling - and then stencil your own way into joining us! We'd love to see what you make!

5 comments

Chrissy said...

Super cute card with the little fishy swimming in his bowl and a great bacvkground Kate..fabulous card.
Read your story and totally understand, I did that three challenges ago..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

It must be quite an adjustment to be back in the office rather than at home (or beside the pool (: )! I have been back and forth between working from home and in-office....and it can be a bit....interesting....I imagine it's even more so for you!

Nothing wrong with dipping into the archives...especially when it such a cool and fun card! I bet your son loves it.

Imke said...

Wonderful card and great take with the background stencil. New or not - it´s lovely.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

This is perfect! I love the soft, subtle background and that fishy is just too cute. I love the stuff you bring out of the archives, Kate. Take care of yourself!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Happiest birthday wishes to your youngest! I adore that you permit your kids to dig into your card stash and give some of your fantastic creations (like this cuter than cute fishie themed greeting) to each other. That is immensely sweet + heartwarming.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>