First Birthday Fairy

Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Happy Wednesday - and the last day of August! Today also marks the last day of summer holidays for me as I'm back to work tomorrow. In fact, I start my new job and I'm incredibly excited to be joining the team at Trent University.


Wednesday means it's time for a new challenge at Little Red Wagon. Mandy is our hostess this week and she's challenged us to "Get Inky"! Mandy wants us to make good use of our ink pads - but sentiments don't count! I figure that, if your fingertips are a variety of colours by the time you've created your project, you should be good to link up with us over at
Little Red Wagon

I created my card for my goddaughter who turned one earlier this month. I used a few colours of distress ink to blend my background. I cut the number 1 using my Silhouette and then embossed it after adding some pink distress ink to it. I added some water and ink splatters, as well as Sophia's name before adding a sweet little fairy from Your Next Stamp. I finished things off with some sequins (retired from My Craft Spot).


Please head over to Little Red Wagon to check out the rest of the inky creations - and then link up your own to be part of this week's fun!
 
Products used:



10 comments

JanR said...

So sweet! Such lovely colours too!

Donna said...

Love your beautiful card Kate. Great make for our challenge this week.

Scrapper69 said...

So excited for you Kate! I hope you do amazing things at your new job!!! :) Your Birthday card is beautiful... I LOVE the blended background and the embossed 1! So pretty & then you add that adorable fairy.. way to sweet! Have a great week at work! Big Hugs! :)

Theresa

Migdalia said...

WOOHOO!! Super excited for you my friend!!
The fairy is just darling!! Such an adorable card!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! SO very sweet, love the embossing on the number.
Faith
x

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaw, this is so cute! I love the colors and fun design! The fairy is so sweet and adorable! Good luck to you my friend on your new job!
Hugs,
Sherrie K

Heather said...

This is adorable and I love the colours you chose for the background. All the best for your new job. I know you will rock it my friend. Hugs!!

Brenda said...

Love these colors, they transition so beautifully and remind me of ice cream! This is a darling card that I'm sure will be cherished. Have a great year in your new job!

M said...

Love this sweet birthday card Kate!!! :)

Unknown said...

What an adorable card Kate! Love your background.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>