The Time You Enjoy Wasting

Wednesday, August 14, 2019
I'm so excited to be this week's hostess at Little Red Wagon. I've chosen the theme "I'd like to teach the world to sing" - which basically means I'd like you to be inspired by music/songs as you create. 

I almost always have music playing, and especially love 80s music. I used Whitesnake's Here I Go Again as inspiration for my card. The first verse sings:


I don't know where I'm going
But I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time

This song was a favourite that my husband and I always cranked up and sang to when it came on the radio (or when we just played it ourselves). My former vehicle had a decal with the song's first two lines that I designed and cut with my Silhouette.


It's difficult to read the gold-embossed sentiment. It says, "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Here's the song for you! Gotta love that hair!!


Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created. And then turn on the radio or YouTube or get out your old vinyls and let a song inspire you to create!

4 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful post Kate, I Love your card, the wonderful sentiment and music thrown in, what could be better? Must have been wonderful memories for you too.
Faith x

Scrapper69 said...

What a great card Kate! The gold embossing is wonderful and I love that sentiment! Good choice in a song too! I love my 80's music! Have a great day!

Theresa

JanR said...

Woo hoo - gotta love that we both went with an '80s song!! Love what you did for the challenge, Kate! Not only is it a fantastic card, it's perfect for your theme. Way to rock it, Girlfriend! (Haha, rock it. I didn't even do that on purpose! (:)

Brenda said...

This was a very fun challenge, Kate! I had the pleasure of flying from LA to Honolulu sitting next to Marco Mendoza. I had know idea who he was but it came out as we were looking at pictures of his precious daughter (the flight was extra long as we were diverted to Hawaii Island because of a medical emergency). It was a true pleasure chatting with him...so thanks for helping to conjure up that good memory from the past. Now, as for your card, it's fabulous! Love the sentiment and the special meaning it holds for you.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>