Happy Mother's Day

Wednesday, May 8, 2019
It's Wednesday and we're finally seeing a bit of sun here! In fact, when I got home from yesterday, I noticed that my first daffodil of the season had bloomed. As daffs are my favourite flower, I was so excited to see it!!


Imke is our hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she's got a sketch for us! I used the sketch to make a Mother's Day card for my mum. Here in Canada, we celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday of May each year - which is this coming Sunday! Mum loves daffs almost as much as I do so I used a daffodil stamp as the focal point on my creation.




Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see how the rest of the Girlfriends have been inspired by Imke's sketch. And then pull out your own crafting supplies to use the sketch to inspire your creation!


I'm also entering my card in Simon Says Stamp's For a Special Lady challenge. 

6 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I Love your daff on the card, I LOVE daffodils too! It's such a pretty feminine card. I'm sure your Mum will love it too.
Our daffs have gone over a few weeks ago here in Wales, so it was good to see one again.
Faith x

Doni High said...

Very pretty and the perfect card for Mother's Day. I love it!

Scrapper69 said...

So happy to hear it's warming up! Your card is lovely Kate! I love the embossing in the background. It really makes your flower pop! Have a great day!

Theresa

Imke said...

Great take with "my" Sketch, Kate ! Lovely Mother´s Day card.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

JanR said...

So pretty! I especially love the embossing...makes me think it's a nod to Imke using graph paper for her sketch. (:

Brenda said...

Dafs and crocus used to be the first signs of Spring where I grew up, your card brings back those good memories. I love that you used the open, double fishtail banner, wonderful card!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>