Lucky in Love

Monday, March 7, 2016
Happy Monday! The boys start their March Break on Friday and I'm looking forward to a wonderful family week in the near future.


Yesterday, I watched a stamp layering video by Kelly Latevola. Her card is beautiful - and I was equally impressed with the background as I was the layered flowers. When I learned that this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is "Make your own background", it was a sign to give it a go!
In 1989, my husband and I met for the first time on March 15. I always give him a St. Patty's Day themed card to celebrate the day and made this card for him. I really am lucky in love!! He's an amazing man.


For my card, I used a colouring image from St. Patrick's Day - 2016 and coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers. It's almost impossible to tell, but Wink of Stella was added to the hat buckle for a bit of golden glitter. The background was created by creating a partial mask and then stamping "Lucky in Love" from My Creative Time's I Believe in Leprechauns stamp set. I stamped the sentiment using Mowed Lawn distress ink, each time first stamping once or twice on another paper before stamping my card mat. I stamped one time in black. I then used an ink applicator to add the green background. Once ready, I popped the mat on the card and then popped the image on top.




In addition to the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp, I'm also going to enter this card in DoubleClick's "Use lots of green" challenge. Check out Carri's DoubleClick skittles! She makes them all herself!

9 comments

Waving My Wand said...

Wow, this is really, really gorgeous! Love the coloring and shading...and the background is amazing! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles challenge. Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

jessica said...

Super card!!
Loving your coloring!!

Lori said...

Really pretty, the colors are fabulous!

Thanks for joining us over at Doubleclick Skittles Challenge!
Lori-DT

Lori said...

Really pretty, the colors are fabulous!

Thanks for joining us over at Doubleclick Skittles Challenge!
Lori-DT

Bobby said...

Love this, Kate. The background is great and those shamrocks in a hat are so cute.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! This is AWESOME Kate! LOVE your background and coloring!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

cheiron said...

Such a fun St. Patty's Day card and amazing coloring, especially of the hat! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Kath Stewart said...

this is so pretty Kate...great colour work...enjoy your break with your kiddos...thank you for joining in the fun this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...Hugs kath xxx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is such a great image! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>