My Craft Spot Mini-Release Day 2 - Washi Tape Metal Dies

Friday, May 2, 2014

Welcome to Day Two of the surprise mini-release at My Craft Spot! Today, we are sharing projects created with the NEW Washi Tape metal dies.


For my card, I used my paper trimmer to cut the card base and rounded the bottom corners with a Martha Stewart punch.  I then used a die from the Scrapping Life metal dies set for the white mat.  Using a variety of small bits of paper (couldn't resist!) from my scrap stash, I cut a six strips using the NEW Washi Tape metal dies set and layered five of them at the top of the white mat. I then trimmed the top off the mat to line up with the top of the card.


Using the last of the washi tape cuts, I stamped it with a sentiment from Postage Stamps and positioned it at the bottom of the mat.  Using the NEW Rolled Flowers metal dies, I created three little flowers and filled them with microbeads.  I tied a bow with sage jute string and adhered my flowers on top. 
 

If you haven't already done so, be sure to visit My Craft Spot to see the rest of the design team creations.  PLUS, Kimberly has some fabulous prizes to give away.  Winners will be randomly selected from one of the design team blogs - so the more comments you leave, the more chances you have to win!

Day 1 Prize:

Gift Certificate - $15

Day 2 Prize:

Gift Certificate - $15

And an extra prize chosen from all customer orders over the two days of this mini-release:

Gift Certificate - $20

12 comments

Scrapper69 said...

WOW Kate! What a fabulous card! Love that new washi tape die set.... and those flowers are such a lovely touch to your card! Oh I'm getting both sets! HA! :o)

Beth F. said...

I love that you combined the roses with the washi tape on your card! Lovely!

Pam said...

This is a very pretty card! I love your use of both new die sets.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Such a lovely card!!Pretty paper!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Amy C. said...

Oh, I really love the microbeads in the flowers! Great idea and so pretty!

Sue D said...

Very pretty way to use these dies!

Mollie said...

Super cute card! I really like the papers you used for the "Washi Tape" and your flowers look fabulous! So fun!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card Kate! I love the fun row of washi tapes. The pattern papers are so pretty! The flowers are gorgeous..love the stamping on the washi tape to:)Amazing dies, ha?
Have a super wknd!
Sherrie K

Waving My Wand said...

Gosh, this is a beautiful card. I mean I really love the colors! So so pretty. Love these new dies!!

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Kate!!! Love those new Washi dies!!!!

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

so pretty love this. hugs

Debbie said...

I love your papers! Such a pretty card!!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>