Graduation Card - My Craft Spot

Monday, May 16, 2011
I'm so excited to show you my first project as a design team member for My Craft Spot! This week's Monday Challenge is Congratulations

At the end of June, my middle guy will be graduating from grade 8. In Canada, this is quite a big deal as it means he has finished elementary school and will move on to secondary (high) school next year. I made this card to give him so he knows how very proud we are of him. 
This card is 8.5 x 4. Here's a close up to see the embossing a bit better:
Recipe:
Cuttlebug "Congratulations" folder - large white mat
George and Basic Shapes - mini mats and shadows
Cuttlebug "Seeing Spots" folder - mini white mats
Mickey Font - "YOU DID IT!!"
Locker Talk - graduation cap
Hello Kitty Greetings - diploma
Fiskars - border punch
My Craft Spot - baker's twine for sale here
Button and PopDots (under each of the little mats)

Please head over to My Craft Spot to see the rest of the wonderful design team inspiration - and to link your own Congratulations project! 

19 comments

Karen said...

Kate what a great graduation card. Love the primary colors you used.

Jen said...

Cute card, Kate! Congrats to your son for making it to the big leagues!

~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Besthobbyeva said...

Awesome first project. I love this card. Great job thinking outside of the box! Loving the twine and punch on the bottom, such a nice touch! Congrats to yours son (and you, you must be so proud!!).

Laurie

Rhonda Emery said...

love the card so much you are amazing at making cards

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Kate...this card is wonderful! I love it and I know that your son will also! They just grow up too quickly don't they? Congrats to your son!

My Lil' Bits said...

Love the card Kate. It's awesome.

DonnaMundinger said...

I big congrats to your son, Kate! Fabulous grad card. Love the sentiment and great images you chose. fab embossing, too. xxD

4kids4 said...

Hi Kate, this card is wonderful...great embossing and such fun colors for a special occasion! I'm so glad I have Locker Talk...I just love that grad cap. Congrats to your son!

~Sharon C.

Angi Barrs said...

Love the fun lettering. And it's in yellow too. My fave. :)

Jayne said...

Great card Kate. Love the clean lines and embossing.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Amazing as ever my friend!! Love the colors and the design is fantastic!!
Huge congrats to your son!! :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Awesome card for your first My Craft Spot project! The embossing on this is amazing! The first picture doesn't show that detail and it really looks great! A Big Congrats to your little man! That is so exciting!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card design! Love the embossing and how fun it looks! Congrats to your Son!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Great card!! Love the fun colors you used and the embossing! Your son will love it!

Shelley said...

Hi Kate! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! Your blog is amazing and I love the graduation card for your son! Congrats to him! I'm a new follower! :)

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

JustYolie said...

I love it! What a wonderful card! I'm a new follower. :-)

Tara said...

He is going to love this! How did you manage to emboss that long card without any line in the middle?

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats to your son!!!! Congrats to you for your first DT post!!! Love all the details!!!

Carol L said...

How sweet! Congrats, I'm sure He will love It!!!

HUgs, Carol

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>