Best Fishes - Throwback Thursday Challenge

Saturday, October 9, 2010
I made this card for my niece who is celebrating her birthday. I decided to incorporate the rules for this week’s Throwback Thursday Challenge at My Creative Time as well: make a shape card using Creative Critter (or any other cartridge) AND include the colour orange.

I made this entire card using Create a Critter. The fish bowl, water, seaweed, and sand were all cut at 5 inches. I cut two fish – one at 1 ¾ and the other at one inch. I used Colorbök’s Pearlescent paper for many of the cuts, and regular cardstock for the rest. I added some faux stitching and some ribbon to the front. I also did a bit of coloured ink work on the faces of the fish, embossed their bodies and popped them on the card front. The inside sentiment was computer-generated with a sticker placed underneath.
Now I’m off to prepare part of tomorrow’s feast.  (This is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.) With such a large family, many hands make light work - and LOTS of food!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

20 comments

Jenny B said...

Awesome Card! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

This is super cute!! Love the embossing on the fish!

My Creative Time said...

Kate, this is AMAZINGLY ADORABLE!!! you did an AWESOME job w/the challenge my friend!
gypsy hugs,
emma;)

sucor said...

Awesome card, I'm sure your niece will love it! Happy Thanksgiving from a fellow Canadian!

Tracey said...

Super cute Kate, I'm sure your niece will love it! Happy Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

very cute. Ive used these cuts myself its my fave cart. Great idea using 2 fish xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

OMGOSH!!!! Kate this is just DARLING!!!! The sweetest thing EVER!!!! It makes me soooo happy just to look at it. Such fun colors too!! :) My daughter and son are going crazy over this....."Mommy, look at the fishes!! I want that!!" LOL

Thanks for all the sweet comments you've left me. :) And Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you enjoy the time with your family. :)

Hugs,
Wendy

jen said...

Love it....this card is stinkin cute!!!
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

BrendaB said...

Kate, this card is adorable! Awesome work!

Scrappy Jackie said...

I am a new follower... this card is way too cute!

Sherri said...

What a cute, bright, happy card! Hope you ate lots of Yummy things!~!~!~

Valerie said...

Darling card!! Happy Thanksgiving to you:)

Besthobbyeva said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

This card is aweseome! I always get inspired by your work! TFS

Kel said...

OH that is just tooo darn cute!! absolutely luv it!

Lori (THCEO) said...

Kate, this card is just adorable...so bright and cheery! I just love it. Mind if I scraplift this one??? :)

Kim. said...

This card is adorable, love the bright colours and the shaped effect of it works really well.
Kim xXx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate! I missed you! Very cute card! M will be so happy!!

Rhonda Emery said...

love your card. this is rhonda over at scraphappens. will you go over to jitterbuggin challange and vote for my vampire card. thank you hugs they will pick a winner next week.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my! This is stunningly cute! My girls are next to me and I just showed them your adorable card and they are equally drooling - wonderfully made and super fun colors!

Emily S said...

Thanks for the inspiration on this card! I am using the fish as a base for a diaper cake and your fish was by far the most inspiring for this project. Great job!

Emily

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>