Birthday Card - and a winner!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
While attending a conference some time ago, I won a door prize of a huge basket from Purdy's Chocolates.  (Their chocolates are AMAZING.) On one of the boxes of chocolates in the basket, there was a beautiful bow that I could not bear to throw out.  I kept it, but have never used it until now.  It was PERFECT for this card, and well worth the room it took up while waiting for just the right project!
I made this card for my husband's mother's 80th birthday.  I used a Cuttlebug folder for the embossed candles, which was done using a shimmery white cardstock.  The patterned paper is some loose paper which I bought at Michael's ages ago.  I bought quite a bit of the same paper!  I used my Stampin' Up border punch and then punched the corners with the corner punch from the same set.  I also added a pink pearl in each of the four corners.

I will enter this card at Practical Scrappers, where this week the challenge is to use ribbon, at Alphabet Challenge, where the letter of the week is U - for unused stash, and at the Corrosive Challenges Blog, where we were challenged to use some craft supplies that have had an extended life of unuse!

Fantabulous Cricut Blog Crawl Winner
Thanks again to all who participated in the Fantabulous Crawl Blog Crawl last week.  The winner of the Stampin' Up "It's the Thought" clear stamp set (chosen at random) is DtsArt!  DtsArt, please email me at smallbitsofpaper(at)hotmail(dot)com with your mailing address.  Congratulations!!
(You have until September 29, 2010 to claim your prize.)

15 comments

Dana said...

Beautiful card. The bow is perfect. I've been wanting to get that embossing folder. Thanks for sharing.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

4kids4 said...

Pretty, pretty card...1st time I've seen that embossing folder...very cool!

Unknown said...

Love the clean design! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Practyical Scrappers!/Pia

Anonymous said...

This is great Kate! The ribbon was worth keeping and I love the white embossed candles.

Laurie

MauMau88 said...

I like your card!

Inken
Alphabet Challenge

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

that is such a fantastic card, very elegant

pinky said...

Oh I love this, simple but very effective. Thanks for playing along at the Corrosive Blog this week.
Pinky Guest DT

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! I have never seen that folder before! Love it!

Kim. said...

Beautiful simply but elegant card. Congratulations to DtsArt.
Kim xXx

GabyCreates.com said...

Simple classy elegant!
Great use of recycled ribbon!

Ok now i have another comment on your previous card Harvest Time
FAntAbuLos!!!!!!!!!
I do not own Winter frolic but can improvise
.... I want to scraplift!!!!
Are u willing to share file?

Tracey said...

Really pretty card Kate.......I'm sure your mother in law will love it!

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty and thank you for adding my blog button on your blog. hugs

Tara said...

This is such an elegant card! Doesn't it feel good to use up all those things that have been in your stash forever! I also love the idea that you were thirfty and kept that bow! I love things like that!
Tara

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhhhh so beautiful! What a pretty girly girly card - soft and pastel and love the candles - nicely done!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

So elegant. I bet your mother in law loved it!! By the way, I save ribbon from things like that too.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>