Teacher Appreciation Cards

Monday, June 28, 2010
I can hardly believe that the school year has almost finished!  I made these cards for my children to give their teachers.
A few months ago, I bought the patterned TPC Papers at Michaels.   The solids are cardstock from my stash, with the exception of the red which is on the back of some Gartner's patterned paper.  I also used metallic cardstock for the apple stem and letters.
The apple was cut at 2.5 from Doodlecharms.  It is popped.  The inchies were cut from George and Basic Shapes (with a shadow) and I used Pooh Font Set for the letters.  I had to resize them in Design Studio in order to fit the inchies.  I embossed the top layer of the inchies with the centre of one of the flowers in my Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy folder.  I inked everything!

I will enter this card in this week's Cuttlebug Challenge ~ Inchie Projects

Don't forget about the Canada Day Blog Hop on July 1. 
Everybody is invited and there are some giveaways too!

And here's an outtake.  I was taking photos of the cards when our new little kitten jumped up on my table.  I couldn't resist posting the photo!

11 comments

Jenny B said...

Fabulous!!!! You are soooooo creative!!! I'm inspired by u Kate!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, Kate! this is just FABULOUS! Love the colors and design and don't think for a minute that I won't be using that embossing trick. Brilliant! xxD

Myra said...

Gosh, these are nice cards and I LOVE the out take! Such a cutie with this ears! ;-)

Crafting Katie said...

These are adorable! I love the vintage feel of them. As a teacher, I'd love to get one from a student!!!

Candace Pelfrey said...

These are great! I love the out-take picture too. I always have atleast one of those everytime I take a picture of my stuff :)

Angi Barrs said...

Love how you used the metallic. And your kitty is so cute.

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your blog and if it is ok with you...I will feature next Friday as part of my Fab Five!

Linda K... PS adorable kitten!

Valerie said...

Your teacher cards are adorable, girl!! What a sweet kitty:) If you get a chance, email me at valgallen@gmail.com - I have something to ask you!

April said...

Cute cards! Know the teachers will love them!

Stampwilly

BettyBee said...

Dear Kate, your cards are wonderful! As a teacher, I can assure you that I would be more than delighted to receive one like that! I love the embossing on your inchies! Very clever to use the centers of the flowers to emboss them!

Great job!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

How cute is this?! Just love it! Thanks for playing along in our challenge!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>