Fantabulous Cricut Challenge: Bird Bonanza

Monday, November 1, 2010
This week at Fantabulous Cricut, the theme is Bird Bonanza.  We've had a crazy couple of weeks at our house and I feel like I've been running like a chicken with her head cut off.  However, I was able to get away with some friends for the weekend and feel like I've got a bit of energy to make it through the week ahead!  I decided to make a Christmas card as I am already looking forward to the time off and time to spend with the family.
I cut the frame of my card using Ashlyn's Alphabet.  The bird in the decorated tree is from Winter Frolic.  The papers are either from DCWV's Holiday Stack, or they are just regular cardstock (with metallic cardstock used for the shadow of the tree).  I had meant to add some embossing, but by the time I realized I had forgotten, it was too late!  I did use a Fiskar's border punch and also punched the labels with Stampin' Up punches.  The sentiment is from a Carleton Cards set that I picked up on clearance after Christmas last year.  I inked everything and added some ruby coloured half-pearls.
(I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to visit as many blogs as usual.  My youngest was home for a week and a half with chicken pox - and returned to school last week only to develop an ear infection.  He's been feeling better since Thursday, but I'm far behind in my work and am now playing catch-up with my studies and reviews.)

16 comments

sherlyn said...

I really love the cards you made. I do no scrapbooking but I love looking at cards and i like beading.

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate, we missed you! I was getting nervous because I hadn't see any posts! Welcome back!!

Awesome, awesome card. I love how there are not the "tradional" red and green on the card. I love the tree!

I hope your youngest is feeling better!! Rough road!!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Your card has a beautiful elegant feel... I love it Kate!! :)

CricutLvr!! said...

What a gorgeous card. It is so elegant and the colors all work perfectly!! I hope your lit' boy is doing better 8)

Sherri said...

Love it....great use of those punches!

sucor said...

Glad to see you back! I love your gorgeous card! It is so well designed with the repetition of scallops and circles.

Linda Kaiser said...

I love this card! The colors and paper is beautiful! Linda

Unknown said...

I love the colors you used on this card. It turned out amazing.

Angela
Simple Creations

Rhonda Emery said...

missed you glad you were able to make this beautiful card. hugs

Dorcas said...

So glad to see this! This is gorgeous! I love this paper and tree is one of my favorites!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is a beauty! Love the soft pastel colors to your card and the birdie is as cute as can be! How are you - hope all is well, Kate! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

HI Kate! This is great! Love the papers! I miss seeing you! :)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful card Kate, as always I'm so amazed at how you use different carts to make your creations!!

Hope you little one is feeling better!! Poor thing!!

Valerie said...

Very pretty card!! I hope you guys all get well soon:)

MiamiKel said...

Aw, Kate, I have missed your posts! I check in every day :) I'm sorry to hear your son had chicken pox - thats never fun! Your card is super sweet, so soft and lovely - great job! Hugs all around!

Michelle said...

very cute! LOve it, I need that border punch!!
scrappinwithmybug.com

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>