Mother's Day Bag

Monday, April 25, 2011
I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend!  We have today off as well and are loving the long weekend!  It seems that the crafting world is quickly switching gears to Mother's Day and "Mom's the Word" at Fantabulous Cricut!

I've seen a few people creating with the bag from Life's a Party and love the look of it. Unfortunately, I don't have that cartridge - but I do have a Gypsy and Design Studio so I got to work creating the bag myself, using George and Basic Shapes. The flap on my bag is a bit more narrow than the one of Life's a Party, but otherwise I managed to reproduce it quite well.
I created the medallion with Home Decor, and ran the white center through my Cuttlebug. The little tulip is from Create a Critter and I glittered the bloom. I used Pooh Font for "Mum". I also faux stitched all around the front of the bag. To finish things off, I added an eyelet and ribbon.
I will also enter this bag at Creative Cutter Room (where the theme is a Mother's Day gift with pink, ribbon, faux stitching and two different flowers) and at My Sheri Crafts, where we have been challenged to create a 3-D gift item. 

Now it's your turn!  Head over to Fantabulous Cricut and link up your Mother's Day project.  Just make sure it contains a Cricut cut as well as Mum, Mom, Mother, etc.

26 comments

Tara said...

Kate is this just beautiful. I can't believe that you designed it yourself...very resourceful!
Tara

Linda S said...

Wow...your project is amazing!! I love all the carts you used and the fine details! You are so creative!! Enjoy your day off!

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful bag kate so pretty. love the tag. great job as always. hugs

Tracey said...

Wow..... Kate! I love how you created this yourself with your Gypsy, it looks great, very pretty.

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome job creating your own bag. Love the paper you used in the project. Loog's great!

MiamiKel said...

Wonderful!! This is just as sweet as can be - the design, the style, the wonderful paper - just perfect!! Lovely, lovely!! xoxo

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Lovely project Kate! I am so impressed that you put that bag together with your Gypsy...that is awesome! As always, great, lovely details....love it!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow...gorgeous project. So perfect for Mother's Day too! :)

Saundra said...

The bag is gorgeous, Kate! Enjoy your day off!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

4kids4 said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! The soft colors are so pretty! And to think you designed it on your Gypsy!!! Wow! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Lisa Norris said...

Wow! Great job on designing the bag! It's so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Love this box--you did a great job in recreating your own!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

You are amazing!!! I can't believe you designed that bag yourself!! Oh what I wouldn't give to set and watch you work!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate! Great work on re-designing this bag! It turned out perfect! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate this is so beautiful. I love the paper! Such an adorable card. I also love three day weekends! I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Laurie

Judy Evors said...

Great job on designing your bag,love it!!!!TFS

DIANA L. said...

That is so pretty.
Diana L.

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

This is SO PRETTY! I love the pink! Thanks for sharing with us!

~Tammy~ said...

Just fabulous my dear! Elegant at it's best!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kate...I can't get over that you designed this yourself! That is amazing. Your bag is so beautiful. Great job with the challenge.

Audrey Frelx said...

This is gorgeous, Kate!

Cathie Rigby said...

This is so adorable. Greatj ob making your own 3d bag-you have inspired me! TFS this project in the Creative Cutter Room-Cathie www.creativecutter.org

Linda Kaiser said...

Kate, I love your bag. it is so beautiful. I love pink! Hope you had a great Easter!

Linda

Dana said...

I love this bag. I am a fan of your work!

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

What a pretty little bag...great job creating it:)

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! I soooo LOVE this bag! Very pretty! :o)
Theresa

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>