Basket Case Winners and Quick Little Baskets

Tuesday, April 19, 2011
First of all, I'd like to offer a huge thank you to all the lovely comments left for me during the "It's a Basket Case" Blog Hop, hosted by Rhonda of Scrap Happens with Rhonda.  I had such a wonderful time creating my projects and sampling the chocolates to ensure freshness and tastiness.

I used Random.org to select the winners.  For Day 1, the winner of the Baker's Twine from My Craft Spot is Deb Palmer (no blog address available).  For Day 2, the winner of their choice of Crinkle Ribbon or Baker's Twine (to a value of $9.99) is Jacqueline of Made by Jacqueline.  Congratulations, ladies!!  Please contact me at smallbitsofpaper(@)hotmail.com with your information so I can arrange to have your items sent!  You have one week to claim your prize.
I made these little baskets using Easter 2010.  I used Accent Essentials for the label and Paisley for the little flower on top.  (This flower cut matches the shape of the flower on the handle perfectly.)  The sentiment is a stamp from My Creative Time's Color Me Happy set.  The baskets are quite small, having been cut at 5" and then assembled.  I also made my own Easter grass to go inside.  (Instructions can be found at Fantabulous Cricut's Quick Tip Tuesday post.)  These are very simple and took next to no time to create.  I thought they'd be a nice treat at each place setting for Easter lunch.

One last thing... My friend, Natasha of Crafting with Natasha, is giving away a wonderful DCWV "Green Tea" paper pack when she reaches 200 followers.  Natasha has such a positive and upbeat outlook on life and it's been a delight for me to get to know her through our blogging.  Go and check out her blog!!

15 comments

Besthobbyeva said...

Congrats to the winners! That ribbon is awesome!! Love it!!

Such cute baskets. Love them!!

Any friend of yours is a friend of mine, heading on over to check out Natasha, thanks Kate!

Laurie

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo congrats to the winner and OMGosh can we say adorable! Look at these lil cuties! You are a master crafter, my friend :) Blessings! xoxo

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats to the winners! Your Baskets are adorable! I should try and make some goodie treat baskets for Easter... Or... Just admire yours! I'm thinkin' the latter! LOL
Theresa

Tammy said...

Congrats to your winners....these baskets are so cute! See you inspired me to make some boxes for Easter. Thanks a bunch!!!
smiles...Tammy

Madison said...

Kate, I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and wishing me a happy birthday. What you said was really nice.
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

You're baskets are just adorable!!! Congrats too to your winner!

Kate, thank you so much for your very nice comments on my blog, I really appreciate them and having you as my family-friend!

Hugs!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Girl...you and your crafty Easterness (I know that's not a word, LOL) is seriously putting me to shame!! Not gonna let the kids see all of your new fun new projects, they'll think I'm a bad mommy!! LOL What a fantastic idea to use them at the table as place settings...writing this down for NEXT year!! LOL

Karen McPherson said...

Saw your creation at BBTB2 and decided to visit. I am so glad that I did. You are so creative. Can't wait to see more.
A Card Retreat

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats to the winners!

Adorable baskets!

Angi Barrs said...

Big Congrats to the winners. I loved seeing all of your adorable projects. :) The baskets are soooo perfect for Easter. :)

April said...

I love your baskets! They will look nice at each table setting. have a wonderful Easter!

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your baskets! They are perfect and I love the grass!

An'Jenic G. said...

hi i sent out another email. To Ya. Love the baskets.

~Tammy~ said...

I've made these baskets before (last year) and I had a hard time keeping them together. What did you use? Mine were small too because I didn't have my expression then just the baby bug, but now I think they will look nicer! LOL! These are too cute and perfect!

Maria Elena said...

Great baskets Kate, really nice !
Thanks for commenting in my blog ;-)
Have a great Tuesday!
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>