My very talented blogging friend, Jayne, of Jayne Designs, recently created a fabulous candle birthday card using the Wrap It Up cartridge. You can see her original HERE. Norma at Pink Bling Crafter also liked the idea so much that she made a candle card, too. You can see Norma's card HERE. I was also completely smitten by the card and I decided to try my own take on the design as well.
I created the card by welding two images of candle shape from Wrap It Up on my Gypsy. (I flipped one of the images.) I then cut the image again from some patterned cardstock. I also cut the flame from coloured cardstock. The bottom layer of the frame was run through the Cuttlebug using my Textured Script folder. I welded a "1" charm from George and Basic Shapes to "today" letters from Tear Drop. I added some crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot, some gold fibre threads and made a little flower by layering some punched flowers from EK Success and adding a tiny bead and Glossy Accents to the middle. I learned this flower technique from Nadia at With Glittering Eyes. You can see her tutorial HERE.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*I also have VERY exciting news for you! Kimberly at My Craft Spot is having a Design Team Call! There are four openings available! (Don't worry - I'm delighted to still be part of the team and will continue to showcase the fabulous products from My Craft Spot.) If you'd like to try out for the team, please link up your project by October 10. Here are the requirements:
- Your project must be new for this design team call.
- You can't be currently serving on a design team that sells products similar to those of My Craft Spot (stamp sets and crinkle ribbon).
- You must have a blog that you update regularly.
- No design team experience necessary! :)
- You must be able to commit to a 6 month term.
- With the project you are submitting, please post on your blog:
- more pictures of your project
- instructions telling how you made your project (recipe)
- a link back to My Craft Spot to let everyone know you are trying out for this design team!