Baby Card - Guest Designer for Getting Cricky

Saturday, April 30, 2011
I am so delighted and excited to be this week's guest designer at Getting Cricky. I only discovered Kristal a few weeks ago and have been loving her posts! She's so inspirational and seems to always write just the words I need to read/hear. I love the analogies that she makes between her projects and real life. It's a joy and a privilege to be designing for her blog for the Simply Sunday Challenge.

I've just received Kate's ABCs - which I've wanted for its name more than anything!! The cartridge is not available here in Canada so I've been keeping my eye out for it on eBay but wasn't able to find it for a price I was willing to pay. However, I was absolutely thrilled to learn that my Easter Bag was spotlighted in the April 19 edition of the Cricut Chirp. With that came a credit at Cricut which I used to purchase Kate's ABCs.  It arrived this week already!!
The theme for Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge is "Sew Fabulous" - which can be interpreted any way you like (thread, faux stitching, stamps, fabric, etc.!) to create anything you like!  I decided to pull out the sewing machine and added some stitches to my card.  I used George and Basic Shapes for the card and pink mat.  The top mat was actually created with a tag from Winter Frolic, turned 90 degrees with the contour of the hole hidden.  The little bunny scene (with dragonfly) was cut with Kate's ABCs.  I actually cut another set of images and inked them but really didn't like the look at all so cut again and drew around everything with a Stardust Gel pen.  I also added some dots (with the same pen) all around the pink mat and coloured in the dragonfly's body with it too.  I added some pink pearls and a bit of ribbon to the outside of the card and stamped the inside to finish things off.  I like card this so much better than the inked version!
Please head over to Getting Cricky to check out the "Sew Fabulous" Simply Sunday Challenge for this week - and to be inspired and motivated by Kristal!

I will also enter this card at My Craft Spot - where this week we've been challenged to create a project to welcome a precious baby into our world.   And speaking of My Craft Spot, I did not hear from one of the winners of the "It's a Basket Case Blog Hop" so returned to Random.org to find a new winner.  This time, Amy from Love to Crop is the lucky winner.  I laughed when I matched up the number to the name - as I recently won a jelly bean counting competition at Amy's blog!!  Amy, head over to My Craft Spot to pick out your choice of Crinkle ribbon or baker's twine, to a maximum value of $9.99.  Please send me your information and choice within the next week so I can place the order for you.  Congratulations! 

28 comments

Tamara said...

This is precious! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

Tamara
http://happylifecraftywife.typepad.com/

Jayne said...

Such a pretty card and love the stitching.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card, Kate!! Love the little bunny scene and the soft colors you chose! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

4kids4 said...

Such a sweet card! Pretty soft colors...perfect for a cute little bunny! TFS!

~Sharon C.

rockpapercricut said...

Your card is so cute and sweet! I love the little bunny. :)

TFS

~Ally

Tammy said...

This is such a sweet post...I just adore Kristal and she sure is an inspiration...So glad to see you are a GD...Such a sweet card and I am glad you were able to score the cartridge.
Have a terrific weekend.
Be blessed!
smiles...always, Tammy

MiamiKel said...

Oh how absolutely darling! This card is so very cute! Congrats on your GDT position and your highlighted Easter bag - it was adorable and deserved the limelight! Blessings to you!

jennyplace2 said...

OMG! Your card turn out just so adorable! I also waited so long to get this cartridge for a good price in Canada...I ended up paying a lot more then I should of but I couldn't help myself! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot

~Tammy~ said...

Congratulations Kate! I love your fabulously shaped card and the bunny scene! Who wouldn't love to receive that to welcome a little one?

Karen said...

this is the sweetest card I love the soft colors

Joy said...

Such a precious card ! Love the lil bunny and the soft pink colors you used ! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!!
xoxo Joy

Unknown said...

This card is just adorable. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Have a wonderful day.

Amy C said...

This is lovely and I ♥ the soft colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!!

Hugs,
Amy

Scrappymama Elaine said...

Your card is beautiful and congrats in being featured in the Cricut chirp!

Judy Evors said...

love your card....TFS

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love what you did with this sweet little bunny and the soft colors are beautiful! This cart is quickly becoming my new fav! Congrats on your Guest Designing Spot! I love Kristal's blog! She is so uplifting! Thanks for sharing this with us at My Craft Spot!

Aim said...

Kate, what a precious, precious card!! I love everything about it!! :)

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm soooooo excited about winning an awesome prize like that!! I've been wanting to get some of Kimberly's ribbon for FOREVER!! I just perused all the available colors, and I've made my selection!! Please check your email cuz I'm sending you all my info now!! :)

I was so excited to see you as a GDT at Kristal's... How AWESOME to have two such inspirational people to me in ONE post??!!?? That was one very winning card of yours, wasn't it??? :)

Thanks again, Kate!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW!! Congrats on your win AND your guest DT spot!! Well deserved my friend. Your Cricut talent is AMAZING!!!

Your card is so cute, I love that sweet little bunny and the stitching you did.

Aim said...

Kate...

Your blog is Cricut-tastic!! There's an award for YOU on my blog...

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate - you are so funny you wanted the cartrdige for the name!!

I love, love the card. So subtle and so gorgeous! Great job!

Laurie

Maria Elena said...

Super cute ! love pink color you used.
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats on your top 3 at My Craft Spot!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So precious!

Unknown said...

How precious! I always struggle with baby cards - and I just love what you did with this one :)

Angi Barrs said...

Yay on your guest design spot. Love this pretty and adorable card. I really want to make a circle card one day soon!.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kate--you are so talented and humble--God is so pleased with you girl! I'm super humbled and grateful that He allowed us to meet and become friends!

Sarah said...

Kate! This is soooo pretty-- you did a beautiful job!

Sarah :)

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer spot! LOVE your project for it too! Sooo Pretty! :o)
Theresa

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>