Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Wednesday, April 20, 2011
I made this card for the Hippity Hop challenge at Creative Cutter Room and the Easter challenge at Cooking With Cricut. I will also enter it at More than Favors' Easter challenge. 
I cut the little rabbit from Holiday Cakes.  (I stumbled across this rabbit, not realizing that he was on the cartridge and thought he was so cute!  I actually used the shadow feature as I liked the rounded nose a bit better.)  The grass is from Create a Critter and the eggs are from Doodlecharms.  I speckled the mauve egg with white spots and the pink egg with silvery glitter spots - although it is difficult to tell in the photo.  The scalloped and circle mats are cut from Mini Monograms, with the white circle embossed with my Swiss Dots folder.  The corners are punched with an EK Success punch.  I also did some inking and doodling prior to assembly.  I finished things off with a tiny gem for the rabbit's eye, some chalk for his cheeks and a little ribbon around his neck.  Inside, I stamped "Here comes Peter Cottontail" with a My Creative Time stamp, and added another little speckled egg.

I wish you all a very blessed Easter!

16 comments

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable for Easter. I love how you made the grass that the bunny is sitting in. Hope you and your family have a very BLESSED Easter. :)

Sheila said...

Fun card!! Love how it all came together.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet Kate, this bunny is just too adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room. DT Member Carri

Dana said...

This is absolutely adorable...you really do nice work. Love your stuff.

http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Jean said...

So cute!! I love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Rhonda Emery said...

this card is so adorable. love the colors could just look at it all day. hugs

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut!

Stacey~CWC DT

Besthobbyeva said...

Such a beautiful card, Kate! Just love it.

Happy Easter!!!

Laurie

Jayne said...

Such a pretty card and I love all the detail.I have an award for you over at my blog.Happy Easter

Linda Kaiser said...

Kate, such an adorable card!! The paper and colors are perfect!

Happy Easter!

Linda

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

So adorable!! Love the doodling and the way you did the grass!! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!!

Jen said...

Such a sweet card, Kate! Thanks so much for joining our Easter challenge at Cooking with Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Roberta Guditis said...

Great card! So cute! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut.

~Roberta, CWC Design Team
www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh Kate, I WANT this cute little guy! I love this card so much! So adorable!

Maria Elena said...

Cute cute cute !!!
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute little bunny. I love the way you have layered the elements

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>