"For You" - An Easter Card

Friday, April 15, 2011
If you are looking for the Fantabulous Cricut Spring Fling (Blog Hop), you will find it HERE.

If you are looking for the "It's a Basket Case" Blog Hop (Day 1), you will find it HERE.

On Sunday, I read a wonderfully inspiring post that touched the core of me and moved me deeply.  The post was written by K Andrew of Getting Cricky and you can read the post HERE.   (I left her blog feeling like a million dollars!)  She also posted about a challenge to create a project that portrays what inspires our hearts.  I really didn't think I would have time to complete this challenge by tomorrow's deadline, but I simply could not get the challenge out of my mind.  All week, I've been thinking deeply about what really inspires me.  I thought of my husband, and how he is my rock, my world, the air that I breathe.  I thought of my children and how I am incomplete without them and how they fill my heart so much that I think it's going to explode. I thought of my mum, for she has had an amazing influence on me and is somebody who loves and supports me through thick and thin.  I thought of the world of academia, and how my life holds a constant yearning to learn as much as I can.  I thought of various people in my life who have had and continue to have a significant impact on the person that I am.  With each thought I would have, I felt a tugging inside that I needed to keep digging to discover what it really is that truly inspires me.  And then I knew.  It came to me last night and although I didn't have time to make a project, the idea for a card came to mind and I knew exactly what to do.  I was up far too late, but I am so glad that I followed this through to completion.
I have a very personal and quiet faith, but it's very real all the same and it makes me who I am.  I would not be the person I am today if it was not for the joy granted to me through knowing that there is a God who loves me and who has his hand on me.  In the busyness of this Easter season, I made this card to remember the cross, what it means and the life-changing impact it has had on my life.

As a very young child, one of my favourite songs was:
Jesus is the shepherd
Guess who I am
Such a lovely secret
I'm his little lamb.
It was the words of this song that led me to choose the lamb for my card.  I suppose the lamb still represents me, looking to the cross and remembering the depth of its meaning.  And the "For You" is a reminder that Easter was and is for me - and for you.

When making this card, I was thrilled with the middle section but felt the top and bottom portions were lacking.  I knew I'd seen a card with a very pretty border and after a bit of a search, I remembered that it was Kimberly's Easter card at My Craft Spot.  Not only did I add a nice border to my card, but Kimberly's post also reminded me of the challenge at Celebrate the Occasion, which is to use a punch somewhere on the card.  The punched corners were just what I needed to finish things off!

Recipe:
Lamb - Paper Doll Dress Up, Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder
Cross - Pooh Font, Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder
Grass - Zooballoo
Little hill - Wrap it Up
White border - Holiday Cakes
Corners - EK Success
Flowers - Michaels $1.50 bin punch
Butterfly embossing - Crafts Too
Sentiment - Stampin' Up

Linked at:

Passionately Artistic

28 comments

GiGi said...

This is just precious! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing at CTO!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card. Love everything about it
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

the cricutologist said...

I love your card! This is Easter! Jesus and the cross! Great job!

CraftyJAR said...

The little guy is so cute! Love your card. Thanks for joining us at CTO!
Judy

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful post Kate! Your card is truly amazing!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful. Love the embossing on the adorable little lamb. :)

Tammy E. said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and your words mean more than you know. Then I came here and saw this little lamb, and your words of witness about Easter, and it made my heart happy! Great work on the card, the candy bars, everything!

Nadia's World said...

Your post is so beautiful followed by your amazingly beautiful project!! I am so happy you decided to post your project on the CTO blog!! Thanks for playing along and reminding us all about the joy of Easter!!

Nicole T.

girlia said...

Truly a beautiful project. Love everything. I am glad that you posted this on the CTO blog. The real meaning of Easter.

Melissa said...

Very cute card, love the little sheep! Thanks so much for joining Celebrate the Occasion with us!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute.. love it ....

thanks for playing with us at CTO..

Ivette-DT

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This card is lovely and the message is so inspiring! I love all the details and embossing! Thank you for sharing it with us at CTO this week!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Really adorable card, the embossing, the images and your sentiment are just wonderful!!! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your post--I am deeply moved that God was able to speak to you thru my blog post. I often wonder if my posts really matter--but seeing you post this, just was validating--thank you.
I love your card--it's beautiful and touching.
Thank you so much for playing my Simply Sunday Challenge!

All the Cricky Best,
K Andrew

Linda said...

Absolutely wonderful!!! :) Thank you for joining us @ CTO! :)
Linda :)
www.fancyframework.com

Tracey said...

Fabulous Kate.........I enjoyed reading the story of how you came to create this card. TFS

Karen said...

Kate your card made me think of the sunrise Easter services I used to attend when I was a teenager. It beautiful in design and spirit.

Adrian said...

U did an awesome job! Thanks for playing @CTO!

~Tammy~ said...

Your post is beautiful and so is your precious card! Thank you for sharing! I always feel such joy when I come to your blog! Thank you!

gardener said...

Your lamb card is so special. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and appreciate the testamony of others. Aren't we blessed.

4kids4 said...

Such a pretty card and a wonderful post..thanks for sharing. I loved Kristal's post too.

~Sharon C.

Lisa Norris said...

What a great card...so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along this week at CTO! :o)

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Aim said...

Kate, this is a beautiful card with so much thought and care put into it!! Very inspiring!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

A new challenge starts tomorrow -- I sure hope you'll join us again!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Maria Elena said...

Wow... I'm in love with this card !
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Saundra said...

This is beautiful, Kate. I love everything about the card and also the story behind it. Jesus Christ is the Rock of my salvation. The cross is a beautiful reminder of what He did for us on Calvary. Have a blessed Easter.

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Mel said...

Thank you for that wonderful reminder. I love this card, and I think it is perfect for Easter.

Flair Girl said...

Stunning. Simply Stunning.

Flair Girl said...

http:www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>