A HOT Challenge at FCCB

Monday, August 23, 2010
I'm afraid this is another pre-scheduled post, but should be my last for a while!  If all went well, I arrived home safely over the weekend and will now spend the next two weeks running around as we get ready for school to begin in September.  I'm looking forward to doing some catch-up on the blogs - and creating more myself!!
This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is a HOT one - create something with a tropical theme.  I found this to be quite a challenge and designed a few projects before I came up with something I was happy with. 

I made this pocket with some 2-sided designer paper I'd picked up at Costco.  I used a new squared-corner punch that I found on clearance at Michael's.  The palm trees were cut using Summer Vacation.  I glued the larger one flat and used little Pop Dots for the smaller of the two trees.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the "Thanks" and then cut to size.  I added some oversized eyelets and tied some raffia to finish things off.  I then went to add a pouch of the flavoured iced tea I had purchased, but it appeared that somebody had enjoyed it!!  I did find some mulling spices for the photo though!

Please come and join the fun at FCCB!  I'd love to see your creation!!

14 comments

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Kate! sounds like you're having quite the holiday! It would take me WEEKS to recover from all of that fun! LOL Darling project. Bet by now you're about ready to craft! xxD

Kel said...

fantastic.. I love this.! nice..nice job!

Angi Barrs said...

What a cute project Kate. Hope you enjoyed your vacation :)

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Kate, I love your story with this project. You always make me feel so normal! Somebody eats the M&M's I plan to use in a project, or the coffee pouch I was going to send in a card. Some projects are tougher to do than others, but THIS IS AWESOME. What a great thank you! Mind if I scraplift?

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

I really like it! I love how the colors flow. What a great find at Costco. Finds like that make my day. Take care.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great piece Kate! Welcome back!!

Unknown said...

This is great project. I love it. These would make cute gifts.

Besthobbyeva said...

Welcome back. I hope you had a great vacation! I love this, it is adorable!!

Valerie said...

Very cute gift idea!! Best wishes for a great back to school week:)

Michelle said...

very cute idea!!!

Maria Elena said...

Wow what a great job !!! That pocket look so real (made with fabric!) LOL
Have a scrappy Friday !
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

MiamiKel said...

Oh I hope you had a fabulous vacation! I know what you mean about school supply running around - that's been me these past weeks, lol....
Your card is wonderful! What a terrific pocket style with the hidden goodies inside - great color palette, too - lovely!

Cindy Groh said...

Super cute. Aren't you crafty:)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh gosh, I just realized that I never commented on this super cool project of yours!! I love it. It's great for so many small little gifts that can be tucked inside a pocket.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>