conCATulations

Thursday, May 20, 2010
I made this card for a young couple I know who are graduating from college in a couple of weeks.  Years ago, I found a stack of cat paper and knew I had to have it.  I think I've only ever used three sheets before today!
I cut the cat from Paisley and the graduation cap from Everyday Paper Dolls.  The frames around both the cat and sentiment are from Ashlyn's Alphabet.  (I've really been enjoying Ashlyn's Alphabet lately.)  I embossed the top layer of the frame under the cat.  I used two border punches.  I believe that one is from EK Success, and the mouse border was created with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added some ribbon and a few gems, drew the cat's face, and I assembled.
This week, Practical Scrappers has a challenge to use patterned paper.  As well, Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge posted a sketch which I followed.  I will enter this card at both of those blogs.

20 comments

Janice W. said...

I love the rat border you used to go with your image. Great idea! I have only used that for Halloween. So glad you joined the challenge at Peachy Keen! Good luck!

Lorie said...

Oh, what a cute card, Kate! Janice is right. That border is purrrr-fect with this. Great job!
Thanks for taking the Peachy Keen Challenge!

Hugs,
Lorie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your border punch is great! I love the colors you used!

Valerie said...

Cute card!! You have the best embossing, it makes we want to do more on cards and layouts.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Oh I loved this on the message boards and didn't even realize it was yours!!! You do such great work, I should have realized it right away.

Scraprageous said...

What a fun layout using cats! :)

Samantha Casey said...

Cute! I really like the colors and the border punch you used! Good luck on the Peachy Keen Challenge!

Handmade by Odette said...

Hi Kate, thank you very much for such a sweet comment on my Sweet lil' Princess project!
Hugs,
Odette

Lisa B said...

What an adorable card! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us over at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Miss Giebel said...

What a cute card, it's so unique. I love the cat in the graduation cap and that little mouse border! Super cute! Good luck with the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge!!

Stephanie said...

What a great card and so creative! I love the rat border and the papers! Wonderful Card!

Lisa B said...

It's me again! Great way to use your patterned paper.

Thanks for playing with us over at Practical Scrappers this week.

Carol<>< said...

those mice are so cute!
great card!
Carol<><

savvy teaching tips said...

Great card. Awesome use of patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers.

Unknown said...

I love your card with the unwary cat missing the dancing mice! Great colours too! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

My Creative Time said...

I LOVE your card! Great job w/the challenge!
Thanks for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
hugs,
Emma;)

My Creative Time said...

P.S., I LOVE your blog! It is different & VERY CUTE!!
hugs,
Emma;)

Nikki Foraker said...

OMGosh! So so cute! Love that little grad kitty! ADORABLE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

Nikki

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, love the sentiment.... Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. HUGS...SK :)

DonnaMundinger said...

ADORABLE! You know how I love me them kitties. TOO CUTE and the sentiment is great! May have to scraplift. :D xxD

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>