Penguin at the Beach

Monday, August 6, 2012
Hello from Niagara Falls!  I feel like I've hardly been home at all this summer - but I'm not complaining one bit!  I am so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful holidays and am enjoying every minute.  I'll be home again next week though... to stay - and will have almost two weeks off before I head back to work.  I have accepted a new position at a local college which means no more commute!!  I'm so excited!  I do have lots to pack into those two weeks but am really hoping to pay more visits to my blogging friends.


This week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is "Jump In and Cool Off" which is perfect for the hot and humid weather we've been having!  We are challenging you to create a project with a water theme (i.e., pool, beach, waterpark, etc.).  I decided to make an island beach card for my youngest who LOVES penguins. 

Please head over to Fantabulous Cricut and see what the rest of the design team has made for this week's challenge!  There are some great projects posted!

Recipe:
Penguin - Christmas Cheer
Duck ring and beach ball - Everyday Paper Dolls
Waves - Plantin SchoolBook and Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder
Palm tree - Create a Critter and Cuttlebug Herringbone embossing folder
Sun - Celebrate with Flourish
Island - Just Because Cards
Cloud background - Peachy Keen Stamps
Glossy Accents
Heart Gem

23 comments

Jayne said...

Kate this is sooo cute! Love the penguin at the beach.
Glad you are having such a fun filled summer,you deserve it after all your hardwork.
Jayne x

Carolyn/MamaC said...

How adorable! So glad you are having a wonderful vacation! Congrats on your new position!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
clineberger@gmail.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute!! Have fun in Niagara!! Congrats on the job!! Which college are you going to be working at??
Kristan

Life and Knits said...

Kate this is just too cute! I love this fun card, great colors and everything! Absolutely adorable.

Enjoy your time...those two weeks will be gone before you know it.

Susie

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the gloss on the rubber swim ring. Lee-Ann :)

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Ok...this is just adorable! What a fun little summer scene, that penguin is too cute! Congrats on your new job - sounds wonderful!

Tammy said...

Congrats on your new job! I love penguins they are amazing and so cute on your card. Great scene.

Sonya said...

Congrats on your new job! Great card today, love it!

Karen said...

Yeah Kate more time to blog always a happy thing! Congrats on the new job! Your little penguin is so adorable love the duckie float clever. Enjoy the Falls. Karen

Debbie said...

I smiled at the title of your post and even more once I saw the card! It is so cute!!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is just too stinking cute.

Audrey Frelx said...

Kate, what a fun and funny card! It's so cute!!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the idea of a penguin and the beach and his cute ducky floaty. Such a creative and fun card. Enjoy your last two weeks and your new job.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hi Kate! Your card is super cute! I have missed seeing you! We are already back to school, our summer is over! :( Hope to catch up with you soon! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

1Happy Mimi said...

Super cute card! Savor your last amount of "free time"...and congrats on the new position!

Angi Barrs said...

This one made me smile! Love it.

Judy said...

Very cute summer scene. I love all the cute images and design of card.
Judy's Handmade Creations

Lisa said...

Oh Kate, this is so sweet and adorable!! What a fabulous beach scene you've created!! I hope you have a great time on your vacation and congratulations on your new position!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Oh Kate, this couldn't be any cuter!!! I just love your adorable penguin! So glad you are enjoying your summer!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

April said...

This is just too cute! Love it!

Pink Dalmatians said...

Kate, this card is so cute! I love the duck ring & that you shined it up! I didn't even realize that cut was on the cart.

Karen said...

Adorable card Kate. Love the ducky innertube. I want to go to that island and relax!!! I can't beleive how many cartridges you used to make your awesome card.

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the new position Kate! Sounds like a win-win for you! enjoy what little time off you have left.... And this card is soooo stinkin' CUTE!!! I love that penguin on the beach.... ADORABLE! :O)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>