With My Deepest Sympathy

Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Happy Wednesday from hazy Ontario. We've got a record number of forest fires here in Canada and, although I'm nowhere near any of the fires or danger, our area is under an air quality advisory due to all the smoke that's blown our way. I'm thankful that my camping vacation was last week as I had beautiful weather and clear air (other than the mosquitos and blackflies that were occupying too much airspace for my liking). My thoughts are with all those affected by the fires. It's simply devastating.


Doni is our hostess for this week's Little Red Wagon challenge and she wants to see "Things that fly". A colleague of mine recently lost his mother-in-law and I made this card to send to him and his husband. I used a Stampin' Up bird punch, a Flora & Fauna background stamp, a Mama Elephant frame die and a sentiment stamp from My Favorite Things. I was blessed to win a gift card from My Favorite Things with their June card kit release (Everything Wonderful card kit) so I purchased the new kit with this sentiment stamp being part of the set. Huge thanks to My Favorite Things! The stamping is done on a layer of vellum for a softer touch - and then three little pearls were added to the centre of flowers to finish things off. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see how the Girlfriends used "things that fly" as inspiration for their projects. We'd love to have you join our challenge this week too! 

5 comments

Doni High said...

This is a very lovely and thoughtful sympathy card. For some reason, I see that bird as a
moma bird ...so that makes this perfect for your co-worker. Love that you added the little pearls.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Kate, just right for a sympathy card..glad you are safe from the fires, it is terrible isn't it..

luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

A lovely sympathy card, Kate, I know your colleague appreciated it. That you made it yourself makes it all the more special. The fires in Canada have even made our news. That's horrible. I hope there's a heavy rain soon.

JanR said...

I'm sure your college was touched by such a lovely card. I think black & white is perfect for sympathy cards.

Brenda said...

Your card is so elegant and thoughtful and I agree with Doni, this looks like a momma bird there to comfort. Iʻm glad you are safe and praying the fires are extinguished. It is so frightening and sad to see the devastation.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>