Have a Good Day

Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Brenda is our fabulous host at Little Red Wagon this week and she's asking us to "Let the Sun Shine"! You've likely guessed that this means she's looking for us to use a sun on our project. 


I used an MFT sunbeam stencil on my card. This is one of the first stencils I ever purchased and I think this is now the second time I've used it... Oh dear! I decided to create a rainbow sun as an added pick me up and also in celebration of Pride Month. The sentiment is also from MFT and I finished things off with a few Your Next Stamp gumdrops. By the way, I learned that Your Next Stamp will be closing its doors so there are some great deals over there! A few years back, I did some guest designing with Your Next Stamp - plus they are a Canadian company - so I'm especially sad to see them go. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see all the Girlfriends' sunshiny creations - and then link up one of your own to join our fun! 

6 comments

Paperesse said...

Oh, now this is sooooooooo pretty, Kate! I love the Pride tie-in, too. So colorful! It makes me feel sunny & happy just looking at it. And you know, my friend, you are NOT alone in the stencil situation. I used to have stencils I bought and never used. I donated them all recently, so hopefully someone else is using them more than I did.

Brenda said...

I love your bright, happy card! The rainbow colors are Perfect for Pride month. Iʻm so sorry to hear about YNS, Iʻll have to head over and see what I can find. I love the stuff that is uniquely theirs. As for the stencils, I find there are a few that I use a lot and the rest get very lonely, Iʻm really not a very good stenciler. Maybe I should do what Shani did so they can get some love.

Doni High said...

Love the rainbow colored sun rays! Great card.

Chrissy said...

Love your rainbow sunrays Kate, gorgeous fun card, so bright and happy, I went through a phase with stencils and still have some never used, in saying that, I used a stencil this week..lol....

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

Wonderful card, Kate! Love that it celebrates Pride Month too. There is a restaurant in Stratford (Whatever 75) that has a sandwich called 'Chick Fil Gay' that they donate $1 from every purchase to LGBTQ2S+ causes...I always makes sure to go there in June. (I know, in the grand scheme of things, not that big of a deal, but it's my small way to celebrate Pride Month.) I saw that YNS was closing and was :(. It's really too bad, especially since it's a Canadian company.

Imke said...

Super cool and FUN Card, Kate. I totally like the COLORS !

Imke ~ /MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>