Have an Otterly Wonderful Birthday

Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Woohoo! It's my turn to host this week's Little Red Wagon which means I've had the Queen tunes cranked again. This time, it's Seven Seas of Rhye. As you may know, the song ends with a couple of lines from "I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside" which is a song I really enjoyed as a child. And I've always enjoyed being at the sea too. So, with Seven Seas of Rhye as my inspiration, I'm asking crafters to create something with a beach theme!


The uni where I work has several colleges in order to create community within the school. (Think the Harry Potter house system. Go Slytherin!) My college affiliation is Otonabee College and our mascot is an otter. The uni is spread across the banks of the Otonabee River so there are the occasional otters to see! When I saw Heffy Doodle's Otter Side stamp set, it seemed too good to be true, especially as we have the two sides of the river to our campus. I made this card for my youngest son's birthday in August. He attends the university where I work and also has a campus job - on the "otter side" of my office. Plus, he loves a good pun, just like his mother. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the Girlfriends' beach creations - and then join the fun by linking one of your own! 

4 comments

Chrissy said...

Your little Otters playing in the water is adorable Kate, fabulous colouring and gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

This is such a cute card, Kate! And how lucky to find these stamps; they do seem like THE perfect fit for you and your college affiliation. And yep, I'm like you, gotta love a good punny sentiment. I'm going to remember this one.

Imke said...

Wonderful scene with this cute otters, Kate.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

I love this sweet little scene. You and Shani are masters at creating sand. I love how this set was meant to be for you, perfect card for your son!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>