I Turtley Love You

Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Hello Friends! How are we halfway through June already?! 

The fabulous Shani is our hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she's saying "The Power of Love". Now, I have to admit that I've been singing this all week (and perhaps Shani is too!). My husband's favourite movie was Back to the Future (the trilogy, in fact) and, if you don't know this movie, "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis is a big part of it. The song always makes me think of Ralph and that's a good thing. In fact, tomorrow marks six years from his passing and the kids (all in their 20s!) and I will be gathering and spending the day together. I think I'll blast The Power of Love.


I've always loved a good pun so decided to put one to use on my card. The sentiment is from an old stamp set and the little turtle is one of my favourite stamps. He's tiny but sweet!! He's from Your Next Stamp's Aquarium Antics set. The rest of the card was made with scraps. Well, one scrap piece of patterned paper with several different dies used to cut the border and hearts. I liked the leftovers from the paper die so used them as little banners. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the Girlfriends' creations - and then use the Power of Love to create something of your own to link up! 

6 comments

Paperesse said...

Super cute card, Kate! I turtley love it!!! I do so like a good punny sentiment. Yeah, 'The Power of Love' is such a good song, isn't it?! The 'Heart of Rock n Roll' wasn't too shabby either. That was one of my favorite bands in the 80's. I'm glad it brings good memories to mind for you, too. Definitely blast 'The Power of Love' with the kids, do a little booty shaking, and spread those loving memories around. Sounds to me like Ralph would very much like that. Big hugs!

Chrissy said...

So very cute Kate, just adorable..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Doni High said...

Love your cute card! That turtle is the sooo cute! As one widow to another I'd like to send you love, sympathy and a hug.

Imke said...

Lovely card, Kate. I like the greens and the use of scraps - that is always a good thing.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

JanR said...

Loving this sweet card, Kate! That little turtle totally makes me smile. Going off Shani's comment....I love Huey Lewis and the News too...my fave was Stuck With You. I hope your celebration was full of fond memories, smiles and hugs. ♥

Brenda said...

That is the cutest little turtle ever and your papers and embellishments are prefect for him. Iʻm sure your celebration of life was most memorable.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>