Happy Birthday - Gromit Card

Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Goodness gracious, it's the final Wednesday of March. We thought spring had arrived here in Central Ontario, Canada (in fact, it was a mostly spring-like winter this year) but Mother Nature played some cruel jokes on us last week! We had a few days of snow, including a nasty storm on Friday. However, the snow has all melted again and I even noticed a couple of my daffodils just starting to poke up through the soil.

Janice is hosting our Little Red Wagon challenge this week and she's all about "Animal Antics". Basically, include an animal on your project and you're good to go!


My younger brother's birthday is next month and I've made this card for him. He loves Gromit (from Wallace and Gromit) and also loves his cups of tea each day. When I saw the Wallace and Gromit stamp set I used here (which came free in a magazine), I thought of David right away and the unnecessary purchase was made. When he was first married, their first dog was named Gromit. Actually, his name was Comet at the rescue but they immediately changed it to Gromit! 

I had a very difficult time photographing the card due to the glittery paw-print hearts panel but trust me when I tell you there are some embossed teapots and such on the right side. I was tempted to use a "Yappy Birthday" sentiment but decided against it due to the fact that Gromit is an incredibly quiet dog. Sometimes, these sorts of things matter in this head of mine!

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created. We'd love to see your Animal Antics creations too! 

6 comments

Paperesse said...

Wonderful card, Kate! This is the nice thing about card making, isn't it? We can make sometime specifically for someone that we know will mean something special to them. I know your brother will love this card. I hear you on glitter. Photographs never do it justice. Hope you're enjoying some true spring weather today!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a delightful fun and lovely card Kate. I'm sure your brother loved it. xx

Chrissy said...

Fun and fabulous card Kate, some of my kids loved Wallce and Gromet and one of them was terrified of it, so funny..

luv CHRISSYxx

Imke said...

Sweet and fun card, Kate. Your brother will love it.

https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/

JanR said...

What a wonderful card for your brother, Kate! You always do an outstanding job personalizing your cards for the recipient. I especially love the glittery paw prints, and I totally believe you about the teapots (coz I can see them ((:).

Brenda said...

What a special creation, Kate. I'm sure your brother will love it. I love the pup and those shiny paw prints standout!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>