God Cares for the Sparrow (and Budgie)

Wednesday, March 13, 2024
Happy Wednesday! It's Imke's turn to host this week's challenge and Little Red Wagon and she's calling out, "Easy Peasy". She's looking for CAS projects.


Unfortunately, my son's budgie passed away a couple of weeks ago. His birds are like his kids and he takes such good care of them. I saved one of Sky's little feathers and created this very simple card which I tucked in a glass frame. I printed off the text, cut the card to size, cut a heart using a punch and then attached the little feather on the heart. My son placed the frame on his desk. 

There is a verse in the Bible about God caring for the sparrow which is why the card starts with a sparrow and then adds for the budgie too. I trust that God doesn't mind me changing things up a bit with holy scripture. 

Truth be told, when I first made the little card-in-frame for him, Jack returned it to me and told me that he wasn't sure whether or not to say anything but decided he would. I'd put the year as 2022!! I have no idea what was going on in my brain that I entered the text, centred it, made sure I liked the positioning of everything, printed it, looked it over, cut to size and then added to the frame AND took a photo, all the while never realizing I was off by a couple of years. Anyway, I'm back to the present now!!

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the CAS creations made by the rest of the Girlfriends. It would be great to have you join us too! 

5 comments

Chrissy said...

OMG..I have to pull myself together Kate, this is absolutely beautiful and made me cry with his little feather, such a gorgeous card, beautiful..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

A lovely memorial to your son's bird. I know how much this must have meant to him. Beautifully done, Kate.

JanR said...

What a lovely keepsake for your son! Using Sky's little feather is so sweet. I totally kwym when it comes to making mistakes like the wrong date....and when it's pointed out you're just like, "What? How???"

Imke said...

The little feather is such a great memorial to the bird. Lovely project - love it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

I'm with Chrissy, my eyes got a little leaky reading your post. This is absolutely the sweetest tribute. As for the date, I've been doing a lot of that sort of thing lately...oh well.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>