You're a Cut Above Card

Monday, February 13, 2012
I've always enjoyed plays on words and so was delighted to learn of this week's Fantabulous Cricut challenge: Fun with Puns.  I had a few different ideas in mind but when my daughter asked me to make a thank you card for our hair stylist, my decision was made.  (Thanks to all of you who voted for Erin's Valentine photo on our stylist's Facebook page.  Erin and Kyle came first so won the big prize of a dinner for two, flowers, chocolates and a hair do!  As such, a thank you card for the stylist was in order.)


I used Elegant Edges and Plantin SchoolBook to make the card base and the whimsical red mat.  The scissors and swirl are from Wall Décor and More and cut from a metallic cardstock. I added a brad from my stash.  I used a paper trimmer to cut the 3 layers of mats and embossed the top layer with my Cuttlebug, using a folder from the Give a Hoot companion set.   I inked the edges with Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin' Up.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps Quirky Quotes stamp set.  I finished things off with three red pearls and some chocolate crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot

There are some great pun projects at Fantabulous Cricut this week so be sure to head over and see what the rest of the design team has come up with - and to link up your own card!

21 comments

Saundra said...

Fabulous card, Kate! I love the fun card base. Congratulations to your son and daughter! Sounds like a wonderful prize!

~Hugs, Saundra

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Hey Kate, congrats to erin!! Very nice card, love the border and the paper you used for the scissors, she is going to love it!! thanks for your message, i am doing a little better, I will be way better once I get all the results from the tests. Thanks for your prayers!!
Kristan

Carol<>< said...

lovely thank you card,
puns, I am not that good at, but yours it right on...
Carol N<><

Sherrie K. said...

Fantastic card! The shape and border is perfect! Love the colors and cute scissors. Another awesome card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Kate, just love your style. Always glad to stop by and see what you have made.

Be blessed, Beckie

Besthobbyeva said...

Soo happy they won, congrats!! Good for them.

What an absolutely perfect card! Great job, I am sure it will be well received!!

Laurie

Sabrina said...

Congrats on your daughter winning, that is fun!
I love this card Kate, as I love all of your projects! The shape is fun and the play on words is perfect for the stylist. Happy Valentine's Day!
Sabrina

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

The card has style. Like the red swirl on the edge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Guest DT at Fantabulous Cricut

Lisa said...

Congratulations to your daughter, Kate!! And what a beautiful card for her to give the stylist!! I love the pretty colors!! Gorgeous :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun! Love those scissors. :)

Amy said...

What a pretty card- I just love that cut from EE- and it looks so nice with the scissors! Congrats to your kids too!!! :)Amy

Sarah said...

Kate! This is awesome!

Susie Craft Happy said...

Ohhhhh, your niece is going to love this!!!! I love it!! Look at those eyes...:-)

Glenda said...

Congrats to your daughter! Love your card base and the red border.
Your pun is perfect for your lovely card!
Glenda

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card Kate! The pun is great! Love the border punch and color combo!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute pun and cuts. I love the red swirl frame. So pretty and perfect for the special occasion.

Cricut Couple said...

That is SO exciting!!! YAY!! The card is AMAZING!!!

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE it! Congrats to your children! :O) Your card is Perfect! :O)

Jennie Garcia said...

Love this card!! So elegant!! The metallic is genius!! I love that scissor cut!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Larelyn said...

fabulous card. I love the mats and the layering. wonderful job, Kate.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Charlotte said...

Congratulations to your daughter!! Your card is beautiful. I just love the beautiful edge of the card. And the scissors and swirl are so pretty. I have never seen that cut and I love it. The crinkle ribbon is so pretty I am such a fun of it.
Charlotte

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>