Girly Girl Birthday Card

Monday, February 13, 2012
Click HERE to see today's
Fantabulous Challenge project post.

My niece will be 14 on Sunday and I made this card for her.  Sophie is all girl so the timing is perfect for this week's My Craft Spot "Girly Girl" project challenge.


I used Elegant Edges and Plantin SchoolBook for the card base.  The pink mat is cut from a metallic paper and embossed with my Cuttlebug.


The snail is from Paisley and cut with scraps left over from my Valentine's Day projects.  I enlarged the flower on the shell in order to cut a circle big enough for the little treats cup from Stampin' Up.  I filled the cup with pink Smarties (candy coated milk chocolate).  The fun googly eyes were a gift from my sweet friend Carri at DoubleClick Connections.  I've looked all over for them and have never been able to find them around here - so Carri very kindly sent me a pack.  They're always a hit on my critter cards!


The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Friends & Neighbours Inside & Out stamp set.  I punched it out with a Stampin' Up punch and layered it over the negative cut from the flower on the snail.  I did lots and lots of doodling on my card, using both a white gel pen and black marker.  I also dressed up my snail with some snow white crinkle ribbon and Divine Valentine baker's twine - both from My Craft Spot.


The inside of my card was stamped with a sentiment from My Craft Spot's Candy Corn Kisses stamp set.  Although the stamps are from a Halloween line, I thought the sentiment was perfect with the candy card I had made. 

Please head over to My Craft Spot to check out the rest of the Girly Girl projects made by the design team - and then be sure to create your own and link up to be eligible for this week's fabulous prize!

*I will also be linking up this card for this week's Exploring Cricut Challenge: It's So Sweet. 

34 comments

Sherrie K. said...

What an adorable card Kate!! I love the shape and the snail is just the cutest! It is a darling girly card! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

LOVE it! So super cute.

Be blessed, Beckie

Candy said...

Super sweet! I'm sure your niece will love it! Love all the doodling.

Larelyn said...

Oh this is just soooooo sweet. I love how you incorporated the treat cup - hey, I have some of those hiding in a drawer, hmmmmmmm. Thanks for the great idea. I love your card!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute love it so much

Besthobbyeva said...

What a super clever card. The shape, the colors are both awesome, love it!! So darn cute!!

Laurie

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Kate this is so cute!! I love the little treats!! very creative
Kristan

Shauna Carlson said...

Very cute card!! I have found the eyes at Dollar Tree and have occasionaly seen them at Michaels. I live in Utah.

Lisa said...

This is so sweet, Kate!! I love the treat cup!! What an adorable girly card!! I love it :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Love this adorable design. Must try making one of these soon! :)

Amy said...

Adorable!!! I love that you put the candy in the shell right on the card! Very girly and pink!! :)Amy

Sharon said...

Fantastic card!! Love the snail and the candy holder. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So super cute! Such a girlie fun snail Kate! The eyes look adorable :) I can't wait to make something for this challenge!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Pink Lady's Paradise said...

Such an adorable card! I have some of the Stampin' Up cups but haven't used them yet. What a great idea to do a snail! I may have to 'scraplift' that idea one day!.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Cindy :)

Karen said...

Hi Kate hope you have a wonderful valentine's day. Your card is Valentine Fabulous! Karen

Annette said...

This is so sweet! Love all the pink:) Thank you for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

Jamiecrafts said...

love it kate. so cute and pink!

Audrey Pettit said...

Genius!! And SO adorable!

Cricut Couple said...

How cute is this?!? I just love the little candy window included in the design. I have a couple of those and don't use them near enough! Got to get those out. Hee! Hee! So Cute!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Kate, and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Your treat card is just toooo cute and, yes, sooooo girly! Love it, and your neice will too!!!

Diane said...

Love your "sweet" card and thanks so much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!

Scrapping Girl said...

Such a cute card! I love Paisley-it is one of my go-to carts. The snail looks so girly and sweet!

Scrapper69 said...

Sophie is soooo gonna LOVE this card! It is completely ADORABLE! Very Girly Girl for sure! Wayyy tooo CUTE Kate! :O)

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo ADORABLE!AWESOME job with it,TOO CUTE!:)

April said...

So cute! Wonderful project!

Karen H said...

Kate, this is absolutely precious. It caught my eye immediately when I checked MCS on challenge day. :o) I wanted to leave you some love this weekend! I'm sure your niece was tickled pink (teehee!) by this sweet card. The snail is adorable, especially when filled with a candy cup and fancy googly eyes! You are a master doodler. Marvelous creation as always. Your creations never fail to make me smile. :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

SandeeNC said...

Such an adorable card, she is going to love it! I think filling the shell up with treats is an awesome idea! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Stacy H-W said...

This is such an adorable card!! I love the little treat packet. Great job. Thanks for the kind words on my blog today!!

Shelly said...

Oh my goodness Kate this is FABULOUS! What great colors and your faux stitching is superb!! The treats are such a great idea for kids, I'm sure your niece will LOVE it!!!
Have a great night!
Shelly

sharon said...

OHH--love this card!!! :) cute cute!!

Linda Kaiser said...

Kate, this is so adorable that I could not stop smiling!!

Linda

Karen H said...

Hi Kate! It's me again... I tried waiting for a new post from you, but simply couldn't wait any longer! ;) Thank you for leaving me such sweet notes this week. I cannot tell you how happy you made my sappy heart. :o) Not only are you extraordinarily talented and inspiring, but you are also sweeter than a candy cane! :o) I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Diane Hodrick said...

This is so adorable. The snail is too cute and I love the bow she's got at her "neck"....do snail's have necks? I have some long forgotten treat cups. I should revisit them. I love this!

Cathy of Eyelash Growth said...

Super cute cards! I might do some, i hope it would be cute just like that. LOL!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>