I Love Crafting - FCCB Challenge #100

Monday, February 27, 2012
We're celebrating the 100th challenge at Fantabulous Cricut and using the colours associated with FCCB (purple, green and turquoise) on our projects. I used the opportunity to make some cards for two very special blog friends.  In fact, I had the chance to hand-deliver one of them!  Yesterday, I was delighted to meet Kristan from BabyCakes. It turns out we live in the same city.  It was such a joy to meet Kristan - and she's as sweet (if not sweeter!) in real life than in blogland.


I used Car Decals for the little Cricut head and sentiment, adding some faux stitching to the letters.  I ran the little purple hair bow and green heart through my Cuttlebug with a little butterfly 3x3 folder.  The turquoise background was embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  I punched a border using a Stampin' Up hearts punch and also added an extra heart (from a Martha Stewart punch) behind the green one.  I finished off the card with corners from an EK Success punch, layered with little flowers from a Stampin' Up Itty Bitty punch and green gems.


Please head over to Fantabulous Cricut to link up your own purple, green and turquoise project.  I can't wait to see what you create!

23 comments

Diane Hodrick said...

These are so fun and cute! I would not have thought I'd enjoy that color combination, but you rocked it. Just adorable. Thanks for visiting me and leaving the suggesting about linking my shaped birthday card to my craft spot too. I decided to link it up. Thanks, Kate!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Awwww... you are too sweet, I love this card and it is on my desk!! I love the embossing on it. You are just what I expected in person super sweet!! Have a great week
Kristan

Amy said...

These are so cute! Love the fun cricut bug! How fun to have met a blog buddy!! :)Amy

Glenda said...

So fun and adorable! You rocked the color challenge! Love it! It has been so much fun and a pleasure working with you at FCCB!
Glenda

Sherrie K. said...

Your card is awesome Kate! I have to use that cart more. I forgot about the cricut face being on there:) That is great that you got to meet up with Kristan-how fun! Have a great day Kate!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

CraftyJAR said...

Really cute! It so nice to meet up with other scrappy ladies and share out crafts with them no one understands the insanity like a fellow cropper :-)
I am looking forward to working with you on the FCCB DT.
Judy - Fellow DT member.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love that sweet little Cricut face! I am really excited to have the chance to work with you at FCCB again Kate!

Theresa said...

Super, super cute cards! I just love the little cricut face. Have to get that cart on my wishlist now!

-Theresa
http://ahappyscrappylife.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

These are so cute Kate.
Jayne x

Beckie said...

I love it!! So cute.

Be blessed, Beckie

scrapqueen141 said...

Very cute cards!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

What a perfect card to celebrate the 100th challenge. Look forward to joining you on the FCCB DT.

Lisa said...

These are so awesome, Kate!! I love the fun cricut face!! So cute!! I enjoyed being on the DT with you!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with your cards!I LOVE the cute little cricut,I am looking forward to working with you on the FCCB DT:)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

How cute are these. I love the bright colors and the cute little bug head.

Megan said...

Such cute cards! I love them! I look forward to working with you not he DT!

Scrapper69 said...

I never would have thought to combine those colors but your cards are adorable! What a fun challenge! :O)

Karen H said...

Aww, I'm so excited you met up with a blog buddy! How exciting! What a blessing you are to make these for two of your friends. :o) I love how bright they are and as always you have added the perfect elements throughout. I love the embossing, the precious Cricut face, and the gorgeous trim and stitching. The corners are so sweet! (Hehe, I mentioned every aspect of your cards!) Beautifully done as always, Kate! Excellent use of the pretty color combo. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Anna Waarvik said...

I love this color combination and hope to participate in this week's challenge!

Sherrie K. said...

Would love for you to stop by my blog..I have something for you!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jennie Garcia said...

This card is super cute!! Love it!!
Is so nice that you got to meet a bloggy/crafty friend!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Rhonda Emery said...

way too cute kate love it. hugs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

How did I miss this one?? So super fun! Love this!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>