How Do I Love Thee?

Monday, February 6, 2012
It seems that love is certainly in the air with Valentine's Day right around the corner.  It's not my week to design at either My Craft Spot or Fantabulous Cricut - but I spent some time this weekend making a card for my husband and it fits both those challenges so I decided to play along anyway!


I purchased Love Struck two years ago when it first came out - and it's been sitting in my cupboard - still in plastic - since then!!  I finally decided that it was time to open it up and I'm glad I did.  The image that I used for my card is from Love Struck.  I coated it with Crackle Accents to give it an antique look.  The border on the card was created using a Cuttlebug folder as well as two different border punches and some inking.  I stitched around the card and along the border.  The hearts that I added are from various punches.


The sentiments are from My Craft Spot's Always and Forever set.  As soon as I saw the stamps I knew that I'd be using them to make a card for my favourite man!


To finish things off, I added a bow made with cranberry crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot.  I also added three red oversized pearls.


I used the same border folder on the inside of my card and included a sentiment from My Craft Spot's Build a Valentine set.

If you still have Valentine's Day cards to make, you can play along at My Craft Spot and Fantabulous Cricut!  (Just be sure to include a heart on your card if playing at Fantabulous Cricut.)

~ W I N N E R ~
Thanks so much to all of you who played along (and left such encouraging comments) in last week's My Craft Spot Valentine's Day Stamp Release Party.  I went to random.org and the winner for a stamp set of choice is Bex from Kawaii Krafts.  Congratulations Bex!!  Please email me at smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces] with your contact information and which stamp set you would like from My Craft Spot.

38 comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very pretty card, i love the crackling on the image! I love how the stamps look like they are hand written (well atleast that is how they look to me) Hope you had a great weekend!!
Kristan

Saundra said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kate! I love the crackle and all the wonderful detail on this card! ~Hugs, Saundra

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Kate!! I love the image and the crackle paint looks fabulous!! All of the details are so beautiful!! Love this!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

jessica said...

LOVE your card!!
Congrats to the winner!!

Karen said...

HI Kate your card is stunning love all your amazing details. Karen

Candy said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous! I love everything about it.
I'm sure your hubby will love it.

Amy said...

So beautiful- I love th crackle look- adds a great detail to it!! Also love your embossed ruler on the inside!! :)Amy

Beckie said...

Stunning card. Very romantic.

Be blessed, Beckie

Rhonda Emery said...

oh wow I cant begin to count how many ways I love this beautiful card. hugs

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card Kate! I really like the crackle paint effect! Very cool technique and haven't seen it used much:) The added details are beautiful...nice work as always my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and crackle! So many pretty details!
Glenda

Scrapper69 said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL Card Kate! I love the crackle you added... Your Hubby is gonna LOVE it! :o)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the crackling and the embossing.
This is a beautiful card.

Diane Hodrick said...

wow..that is spectacular!

Sarah said...

Kate...HOLY WOWZERS! Love it :)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the black stitching and the crackle effect! Wow!!! The colors you used are so pretty!

Kimberly

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous design Kate. I love the crackle accents. :)

Jennie Garcia said...

That is GORGEOUS!!! I love it!! I love the crackle accents!! I want this cart so bad!! But I'm resisting, you not helping, LOL Really Beautiful, Kate!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Linda Kaiser said...

Beautiful!! I love all your amazing details and the crackle paint is perfect!

Happy Valentine's Day.

Linda

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful. Like the look with the Crackle. I have been enjoying using Love Struck Cricut cartridge.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Cathie Rigby said...

AMAZING card Kate!!! So love this one you really out did yourself. Looks gorgeous and so detailed..you rock! TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful card,. I am sure your hubby will love it. Great image and sentiments. Don't you love it when a craft project comes together so perfectly :)

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

bex said...

Your card is really pretty.
I have some of the Tim Holtz Crackle, but I haven't used it...yet. Thanks for the inspiration.;0)

I am so excited! I feel like a kid in a candy store. The My Craft Spot stamps are great. Thanks!;0)

bex
http://kawaiikrafts.blogspot.com/

Shelly said...

Kate, This is just gorgeous. What a fabulous technique (crackle paint), it makes your card look so elegant.
Well done!
Shelly

Dee Burns said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the crackle effect and the colors. Very creative.
Dee B

Tammy said...

Uber Fab card!! This is really sophisticated, creative and heart filled:) May I ask? What did you used for the 'measuring tape--ruler?? Thanks so much for sharing and be blessed
Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Jayne said...

Beautiful card Kate,love the crackle glaze on that gorgeous cut.
Jayne x

Charlotte said...

kate, this is just so glamorous. And the sentiment is perfect!! It is just a beautiful card.
Charlotte
FCCB DT

Cricut Couple said...

Your designs are always fantastic, but this is a very sexy Valentine! Love it!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful Kate, as always! Your hubby will love it. Your details on the card really make it stand out, and the cut you used is romantic!

Audrey Pettit said...

My goodness, how beautiful!

Jenny B said...

Beautiful card Kate! You are super talented!

Kimberli said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card - I love all your details!!

April said...

You have been busy lately! I love all the wonderful projects. great job!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card:)

Anonymous said...

Kate, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the cut you used and how you added the crackle accents and all the detail...just beautiful. So glad you played along this week.

Happy Craftin'!
Jewels

Norma said...

WOW! love this card Kate and love that you decorated the inside too:)
Hugs,
Norma

AmyJRockstar said...

Oh wow, Kate, this is just gorgeous!!! I love everything about it. It's beautiful! That blood red color is so bold and amazing. Wow! Great job, Sweet Friend!

XO ~ Amy Jo

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>