Crossing Guard Gingerbread and a Winner

Wednesday, December 22, 2010
I made this card for my youngest son's crossing guard.  I always make her a card with a STOP sign (like the one she holds as we cross the road).  The gingerbread man and house are from Stretch Your Imagination.  I used Going Places for the STOP sign, welding a rectangle from George and Basic Shapes on the shadow to make a hand-held sign. I ran the top mat through my Cuttlebug using a snowflake folder (which certainly has been getting a lot of use these days!).  I added some pen dots, glitter, some snowflakes (cut with a Martha Stewart border punch), a gem and a ribbon.  I finished things off with some EK Success photo corners.
This week's challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2 is to use a gingerbread man.  What perfect timing for me with this card! 

I would like to extend a huge welcome to all my new followers!  Last week's Fantabulous Cricut "Deck the Halls" Crawl was so much fun and I enjoyed reading all your comments.  Thanks so much!  The winner of my blog prize is #37 - Scrappin' Diva Angie.  Congratulations Angie!  Please send me your mailing address (smallbitsofpaper at hotmail dot com).  You have two weeks to claim your prize.

20 comments

Lolis said...

Love your card!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute Kate! I am sure she loves getting such a personalized card!

Angi Barrs said...

Sooooooooo adorable Kate. This one made me SMILE. Love it. Have a Very Merry Christmas! :) :)

Georgiana said...

I know your crossing guard is going to love it. It is wonderful and I love how you always give her a card with a stop sign...sounds like a tradition.

I just started using my Gypsy (and finally figuring some of it out) and would love to know how to weld. Any tips?

Georgiana
coachfans at cox dot net

Kate said...

Thanks Georgiana! I just sent you an email with this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dytxf7VNF0k. It's not my video, but is a great tutorial on welding with the Gypsy. I hope it helps - and I look forward to seeing some of your welded creations!

Scossie Jane said...

Hi Kate - thanks for your lovely comment on my cards - the tree shaped sentiment inside the cards is from a set by Kaiser Craft - not sure if you can get them in Canada....

Love your gingerbread crossing card - how clever. Your son's crossing guard is going to LOVE it....

Hugs xx

Tracey said...

What a lovely thought giving a card to your crossing guard.....and your card is so cute she is going to love it.
In Australia we call them "Lolly pop ladies" or men. LOL! (I just thought you might have a laugh at that)

Besthobbyeva said...

Oh Kate, this is aweseome! I love this little guy! Great, great job. So darn cute!

Karen Pinsonat said...

How cool that you make personalized cards for your crossing guard! Love your card, thanks for playing along with us at BTB2!

Carole Beath said...

Perfect card for our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks for joining in.
Carole

Saundra said...

Hi Kate! I just wanted to let you know that you won the prize on my blog from the Deck The Halls Crawl.

Email me your address so I can get the prize out to you. Luvscrappingtogether@gmail.com

Have a wonderful Christmas!
~Saundra :)

shelly said...

hi kate, this card is so sweet. thanks for sharing it with us at bbtb2 :)

April said...

This is really cute, Kate! You did a wonderful job. I know the cross guard will love it! Glad you got your goodies I sent! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

Hugs, April

Rhonda Emery said...

too cute I want to wish you a merry christmas will be back after the holidays. thanks for being such a good friend. hugs

Kel said...

That lil gingerbread man is just adorable. I'm loving the stop sign.. very clever!

Angie said...

hello. sorry getting back to you late. we have been all sick here. i tried emailing you and it said the email did'nt excist. here's my email
scrappin_diva28@yahoo.com
my try send me an emal and i could resond back. not sure why it dont work!

Angie

~JulieH~ said...

Oh I love the ginger holding the stop sign! Such a great personal card and so creative! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliexx

Rhonda Emery said...

stopping by to wish you a happy new year. see you next year. hugs

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh Kate, this is just too CA-UTE!!!! I love it!!
I wanted to stop by to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!!

I'm so glad to call you my friend!!! (((HUGS))))

Wendy

Rhonda Emery said...

hope you had a wonder new year. cant wait to get started back to crafting and talking to you. hugs

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>