I made this card for my husband, who recently celebrated his birthday. When he opened it, he and the boys thought the image was a potato!! Fortunately, my daughter recognized it as a dog.
Shelly's Card Blog. (I'm sorry I don't have a direct link to the card, but I couldn't find it there.) I used Doodlecharms for the dog and Paper Doll Dress Up for the hat. I simply cut the frame and rounded the corners with a Creative Memories corner rounder. I positioned the frame on an angle which was a bit difficult for me as I'm all about balance and symmetry, but I really do like the look. The background paper and top layer of the mat were embossed with a Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder. The little frame for the sentiment was cut from Winter Frolic and the little border was punched with an EK Success border punch. The circle was cut with George and Basic Shapes and the sentiment is one I picked up in a Michaels' $1.50 bin. I added some twine and beads, as well as a little dog brad from my stash. I did a lot of inking on this card - and tried to make the pup look like he was scruffy and in need of a shave. I also added some metallic gold pen dots. (They almost look white in the photo.)
Homemade Happiness, Sharon at Ladybug Designs, and Carol at Carol's Sweet Creations. Part of the requirements of this blog award are to pass along 8 bits of information about myself:
1. I do not like snow (and my part of the world is currently covered in the white stuff!!)
2. I used to be very, very shy and still am a bit
3. I am quite patient and self-controlled - except when it comes to chocolate!!
4. When I was growing up, I always said that I would marry a man named Raoul. My husband's name is an English derivative of Raoul.
5. I always said I wanted two boys and a girl - and that's just what I've got. I feel blessed with the "perfect" family
6. When I was a child, I made up a special name for my mother and still call her that name to this day. I never call her "mum"!
7. My favourite flower is the daffodil
8. I am a creature of habit and thrive on routine
I am now to pass this along to new blogging friends. I am going to pass this along to all the members of the Fantabulous Design Team where there are a number of new members who are quickly becoming blog friends.
Also - don't miss the Fantabulous Cricut Blog Crawl coming up on December 13. There will be lots of great projects to see and prizes to be won!