Deck the Halls

Wednesday, August 16, 2023
The wonderful Brenda is hosting our Little Red Wagon Challenge this week and she has decided on the theme "Dog Days". She wants to see anything to do with dogs!


I have been having fun adding cards to my Christmas stash and this card makes Number 3! It's a simple card as many of my crafting supplies are in accessible as my son repairs a crack in our foundation. We didn't know there was a crack but, following a massive rain last week, we noticed a little bit of water came through. Fortunately, it's not a big deal and has only affected my craft room - and my son is incredibly handy so can do the repairs himself. However, I've had to move lots out given the dust and debris of the repair. My cards for the next few weeks will be simple ones as I need to create a few more before I leave for holidays. 

I used products from a variety of companies - a Mama Elephant frame, large sentiment from MFT (which is heat embossed in silver) and little pup from Your Next Stamp. I've had the pup for years and this is the first time I've inked him up! I also paper pieced the little scarf and gift to match the frame. I finished things off with some Wink of Stella on the antlers, a silvery bow and a few snowflake sequins. Christmas card #3 done!

We'd love to see your Dog Days interpretation. For inspiration, head to Little Red Wagon Challenge to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created! 

5 comments

Chrissy said...

So very cute with his little antlers Kate, good to get the Christmas stash going, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paperesse said...

Super cute card, Kate! This festive little guy is ready for the holidays. And bravo for another card in the Christmas stash.

Imke said...

Congrats on christmas card no.3 ! It´s a lovely card - i like the colors and the antler-dog !

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

JanR said...

Adorable card, Kate! I especially love that fantastic paper. Hope the repair goes smoothly! Simple cards are awesome cards too. (:

Brenda said...

I love all the special design elements in your card, and that pup is adorable. I hope you are moved back in to your room very soon and that all goes well with the repair. You are so fortunate that your son is just the man for the job!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>